A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Kao:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Kao is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Keratoconus eye
Education & Awards
Dr. Kao graduated from Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona.
Dr. Kao has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical Center
- Genesys Regional Med Center, Grand Blanc, Mi
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Kao accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 14 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 17 plans
- Cigna - 11 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 77 plans
- CaIOPTIMA - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James J. Kao practice?
Dr. James Kao practices Ophthalmology near Mission Viejo, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Los Angeles, CA and Santa Ana, CA.
See Mission Viejo Ophthalmologists.