A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Kao:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Kao is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Kao
Chronic Dry Eyes Patient Education Learn about symptoms and treatments of chronic dry eyes by reading Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Kao Learn More
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Keratoconus eye
Education & Awards
Dr. Kao graduated from Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona.
Dr. Kao has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical Center
- John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Jin Kao DO, MD, and MPH is a male Ophthalmologist, has 13 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. James J. Kao practice?
- Dr. James Kao has 13 office locations.
Dr. James Kao practices Ophthalmology near Mission Viejo, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Santa Ana, CA and Tustin, CA.
See Mission Viejo Ophthalmologists.