A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Katowitz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Katowitz is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Katowitz
Chronic Dry Eyes Patient Education Learn about symptoms and treatments of chronic dry eyes by reading Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Katowitz Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Katowitz, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Craniofacial Dysostosis (Cleft Palate)
- Eye Abnormalities
- Eye Cancer
- Eye Diseases
- Eye Injuries
- Eyelid Cancer
- Eyelid Diseases
- Eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Lazy Eye (Strabismus)
- Orbital Cancer
- Orbital Diseases
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
- Skin Cancer
- Vascular Tumor (Hemangioma)
- Vision Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Katowitz graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Katowitz has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
- Hospital of the University of PA
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James A Katowitz MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 48 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. James A. Katowitz practice?
- Dr. James Katowitz has 1 office location.
Dr. James Katowitz practices Ophthalmology near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Ophthalmologists.