Cardiac Surgeon

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Apr 1st, 2013

Surgery was good but gives no attention to after care of patients and that is when he is really needed.

|  Thanks, Dr Kauten  |  show details
Sep 7th, 2012

It's been 9 years since my quadruple bypass surgery and I am a healthy and happy individual thanks to Dr Kauten's extraordinary skill as a surgeon. And yes, he has a good bedside manner too!

Mar 16th, 2012

He operated last October (2011) and replaced my aortic valve and fixed my enlarged aorta....he did a wonderful job.This is now March and I am doing really well. His staff and office staff were super. I would recommend him anyday.

Mar 13th, 2012

He doesn't take the time to talk to family of patients. He & his staff acted like they were petting a dog when we were dealing with a surgery that went wrong.

|  One of the BEST of the BEST  |  show details
Feb 20th, 2012

I knew I was going to be OK as soon as I met this confident, friendly doctor. He and his staff made my wife and I so confident. Mt heart stopped on the operating table and for 5 minutes his CPR kept me alive until surgery could continue with six bypasses. God has blessed this man and his staff and I highly recommend them to everyone.

Dec 16th, 2010

Best heart valve surgeon in the southeast. I had a Ross Procedure 12 years ago, and am better than I was when I was ten years old.

|  Mitral and Aortic Valve replacements in 2001 and in 2007  |  show details
by Linett M Sutton on Aug 10th, 2010

Dr James Kauten ranks, in my opinion, among the very best in his field. He is very easy-going, competent and a very capable surgeon with excellent bedside manners. He highly values and respects a patient's right to make certain pre-op decisions. I recommend him most highly.

May 5th, 2009