Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Apr 1st, 2013

Surgery was good but gives no attention to after care of patients and that is when he is really needed.

Thanks, Dr Kauten show details Thanks, Dr Kauten
Sep 7th, 2012

It's been 9 years since my quadruple bypass surgery and I am a healthy and happy individual thanks to Dr Kauten's extraordinary skill as a surgeon. And yes, he has a good bedside manner too!

Mar 16th, 2012

He operated last October (2011) and replaced my aortic valve and fixed my enlarged aorta....he did a wonderful job.This is now March and I am doing really well. His staff and office staff were super. I would recommend him anyday.

Mar 13th, 2012

He doesn't take the time to talk to family of patients. He & his staff acted like they were petting a dog when we were dealing with a surgery that went wrong.

One of the BEST of the BEST show details One of the BEST of the BEST
Feb 20th, 2012

I knew I was going to be OK as soon as I met this confident, friendly doctor. He and his staff made my wife and I so confident. Mt heart stopped on the operating table and for 5 minutes his CPR kept me alive until surgery could continue with six bypasses. God has blessed this man and his staff and I highly recommend them to everyone.

Dec 16th, 2010

Best heart valve surgeon in the southeast. I had a Ross Procedure 12 years ago, and am better than I was when I was ten years old.

Mitral and Aortic Valve replacements in 2001 and in 2007 show details Mitral and Aortic Valve replacements in 2001 and in 2007
by Linett M Sutton on Aug 10th, 2010

Dr James Kauten ranks, in my opinion, among the very best in his field. He is very easy-going, competent and a very capable surgeon with excellent bedside manners. He highly values and respects a patient's right to make certain pre-op decisions. I recommend him most highly.

May 5th, 2009