Dr. James Kendrick, MD
Board-Certified Gynecologic Oncology

May 8th, 2016

The best Dr!!!

by DLE on Mar 29th, 2016

Won't lie, getting past the office staff to get the actual appointment to see Dr Kendrick was not the easiest of tasks. In my experience, I did feel as though I was just "another patient". They seem to possibly forget that a new diagnosis of cancer can reek quite the havoc in one's mind. That being said, Dr Kendrick was absolutely fabulous. After my 1st appointment meeting him, I felt like I had hope. He was more than informative and took his time, which anymore is unusual. He had a great demeanor in and out of the hospital and was more than willing to accommodate all my requests. I would without a doubt recommend him and his expertise to anyone as he is top notch. Rest assured, the fight past the office staff will be more than worth it to get to him.

Sep 18th, 2015

Dr Kendrick is an excellent surgeon and he also has a great bedside manner which is rare in surgeon's!

Aug 6th, 2015

Love Dr. Kendrick but I wish his administrative staff would represent him and the other doctors like professionals and not like is an distraction to their job. Answering the phone seems to be challenging too. But again Dr. Kendrick is the best in his field and very kind to his patients.

Apr 16th, 2015

this doctor is mean and mistreated my child

Sweet and Intelligent! show details Sweet and Intelligent!
by Maggie White on Jan 31st, 2014

Such an amazing person to have by your side in this traumatizing and debilitating time. His bed side manner exceeds any physician I have been to. He offered me every possible option, as well as clinical trials, ultimately leaving the decision to me, which I valued. I appreciated the thorough explanation of everything I was going to encounter, expect, and even that "scary talks". I would highly recommend him to anyone facing cancer, and he will be my doctor for LIFE!

Life saver show details Life saver
by Michele and Dennis Asamek on Jul 29th, 2013

Through state of the art surgery with robotics he saved Micheles life. Great bedside manner and quite likable. A tribute to the University of Alabama and his family. A nice young,skilled Doctor.

Vulvectomy show details Vulvectomy
by LORRAINE DeGenova on Jul 3rd, 2013

Dr. Kendrick and his staff made this journey bearable. Caring and gentle and never rushed. Hospital stay was also a heart warming experience . Thank you

Caring doctor show details Caring doctor
by Orion73 on Jun 12th, 2013

Dr. Kendrick was very caring and understanding. Takes the time to explain everything, answer questions and make you at ease. The clinic staff is also very nice and treat me well even in the times when I did not have health insurance. The financial services was very patient in times of need. Highly recommended.

COMPASSIONATE AND A TRUE EXPERT show details COMPASSIONATE AND A TRUE EXPERT
Jun 21st, 2012

Dr. Kendrick came into our lives at the scariest time. When I was diagnosed with cancer, my husband and I could not have felt more lost or frightened- then we met Dr. Kendrick. He was a blessing in every way imaginable. From the moment we met him, my husband and I felt like our prayers had been answered. Dr Kendrick answered all of our questions with a calm and warm demeanor. The fact that he took the time to really educate us on my diagnosis and treatment plan was amazing. He made me feel like I couldnt have placed my care (and my life) in better hands.

Jun 20th, 2012

Very caring and intelligent doc. Would highly recommend

Intelligence and Timely Service show details Intelligence and Timely Service
Jun 19th, 2012

Not only was Dr. Kendrick an extremely intelligent surgeon, he was caring, and took the time we needed to cope with the dismal hope I felt I had in fighting cancer. After meeting with Dr. Kendrick, I felt God had given me a second chance at life, he was truly an angel sent down from heaven for both me and my husband. I am still fighting the disease, but the fight would have been much harder if it was not for Dr. Kendrick. I thank God and bless him for all he has given me.

Professional, caring show details Professional, caring
Jun 19th, 2012

Dr. Kendrick was one of the most professional specialists I have ever encountered. His good nature allowed for me and my family to feel more comfortable in the most trying times of our lives. Without Dr. Kendrick, I am sure we would not have gotten through this as smoothly.

Amazing Compassion show details Amazing Compassion
Jun 19th, 2012

Dr. Kendrick went above and beyond my expectations on how compassionate a physician can be in such a difficult time. Cancer is so scary, draining on the emotions, and at many times I felt I couldn't fight it. Dr. Kendrick took every free moment he had to encourage me, be there for me and my family, and answer any questions I had. I am still battling this horrible disease, but I am in the best hands around and know that no matter what Dr. Kendrick has given me a reason to live.

Grieving show details Grieving
Apr 11th, 2012

I wish he had given my sister a robotic surgery. Or better yet, no surgery. He cut her from stem to stern and was wrong about where the cancer was. She never recovered from the surgery, she died within two weeks. It was one misdiagnoses after another.

Oct 30th, 2011

thank you for saving my life!

by Rhonda L on Aug 15th, 2010

Dr. Kendrick performed a robotic, radical hysto, due to cervical cancer. He gave my husband & I an "it's going to be okay" feeling from the very start. He talks to you, not at you. No question is off limits or dumb. Don't mistake his youth (30's) for inexperience. His staff is very busy, but warm. I have never felt rushed during any appointment or phone call. I was treated like a queen at Florida Hospital. I pray that our Dr./Patient relationship will never be "re-kindled", but I wouldn't hesitate to call on him again.