Surgical Specialist, Neurological Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
by J Holloway on Jun 10th, 2014

He did my surgery in 1999. He was spectacular.

|  He saved My Life!  |  show details
by Terrence S. Jennings on Oct 7th, 2013

I was in terrible shape... Acupuncture, Chiropractors, pain medications and everything else.... It (my kneck) was hurting so badly that I called the 700 club asking them to pray for me because I thought about a life time like this and knew it could not be. Two car accidents (niether my fault) 9 months apart had left me with two herniated disks at C4 C5 and with pain that I had never experienced before... As a high school and college athlete I had endured hip pointers, jammed fingers, broken fibula which crushed the muscle bewtween fibula and tibia, 5 dislocations (shoulder) shoulder and sports hernia surgeries and nothing hurts like nerve pain, nothing. Then I found out about Dr. KENNING... My wife and my in laws came with me to meet Dr. Keening... He spent an entire hour aswering my teams questions, he was completely and absolutely marvelous. I/we left his office knowing we had the best doctor for the job... What was to be a 1.5 hours of surgery streatched past 3 hours as I later learned my discs had exploded thus my kneck area was like shrapnel in a mind field. I'll never forget what happend next. I was awaken in my hospital room, I see my son with a brand new cast on (he had broken his wrist as I was being cut on...) I said boy you broke your wrist? Then I broke into tears because I noticed that terrible life ending pain was gone. I cried for an hour thanking God for finding the Blessed Dr. James Kenning. Dr. Kenning is humble and his talent is absolutely blessed by God. May the lord bless this wonderful man. TSJ

|  MVD surgery 30 yrs ago  |  show details
by ED L on Sep 20th, 2013

DR Kenning did MVD surgery for my TN 30 years ago. At that time he was a young neurosurgeon out of Temple Hospital. I was about ready to give up on life as I had been in pain for 8 years when I walked into his office. His professionalism and confidence made me feel so at ease. Not only did he save my life but has given me 30 yrs of a pain free life and few TN patients are blessed with such an outcome. He was absolutely the perfect example of what a doctor should be in every way. A true gentleman and professional . I would send my own children to him , if needed, and no one can offer a higher recommendation.

|  Great Surgeon, Before, During and After Surgery  |  show details
by Bruce Holberg on Oct 11th, 2012

Ten years ago Dr. Kenning performed surgery on my brain. He removed a tumor that was the size of a lemon. It was very lucky for me that it had not expanded into the brain. Since I was very healthy, I took full radiation and chemo therapy. I have visited Dr. Kenning every six months since my surgery with a complete MRI. Nothing has every been identified. I cannot say enough about his skills and professionalism. I was so fortunate to have been placed with Dr. Kenning back in 2002. I continue to see him every nine months and look forward to a long life. Thank you Dr. Kenning and his excellent office and surgery staff.Bruce Holberg

|  The Best in the Area  |  show details
by David Smith on Mar 29th, 2009

Thank goodness I never needed Dr Kenning's skills in brain surgery.He does however do spinal surgery as his schedule permits.Dr Kenning has preformed surgery on both my neck and lower back.The outcomes have both been awesome. A bit of advice for people with neck and back problems. If all else has failed you only get one shot at surgery.Dr Kenning knows exactly what he's doing and in my mind he's your best chance and returning to normal. All the docs in the area feel the same way as well. Ask them.

|  An Awesome Doctor The GREATEST!!  |  show details
by Dianna Rozich on Sep 23rd, 2008

Dr Kenning saved my dads life. My dad had a brain tumor that was growing faster than what we wanted it to, the tumor was cancer. Dr.Kenning took GREAT care of my dad before,during & after the surgery. We could of NEVER found a better doctor than Dr.Kenning. I recommend Dr Kenning to EVERYONE! Thank you for saving my dads life. We greatly appreciate Dr.Kenning and his staff especially Linda who has helped us deal with my dads medical problems these past few months. Thank you again, you are the GREATEST. 9/23/08

|  You have seen the rest but he is the best  |  show details
by Joan Zampana Barry and Bob Barry on Jul 25th, 2008

My husband would not be alive today if it was not for him He completely careful about not doing surgery until absolutly necessary