Learn more about Dr. James Kirklin:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Kirklin is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Kirklin
Coronary Heart Disease Patient Education Learn about coronary heart disease or CHD, and heart attack symptoms and prevention with our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Kirklin Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Kirklin, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 27 areas:
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Valve Insufficiency
- Bacterial Infections
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Vessel Anomalies
- Cytomegalovirus Infections
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Heart Cancer
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Surgery (Cardiovascular Surgical Procedures)
- Heart Transplantation
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Heart-Lung Transplantation
- Lung Transplantation
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Kirklin graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Kirklin has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Uab Medical West
- Uab Highlands
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James K Kirklin MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 38 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James K. Kirklin practice?
- Dr. James Kirklin has 1 office location.
Dr. James Kirklin practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Birmingham, AL.
See Birmingham Surgeons.