A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Kirklin:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Kirklin is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Kirklin, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 27 areas:
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Valve Insufficiency
- Bacterial Infections
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Vessel Anomalies
- Cytomegalovirus Infections
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Heart Cancer
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Surgery (Cardiovascular Surgical Procedures)
- Heart Transplantation
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Heart-Lung Transplantation
- Lung Transplantation
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Kirklin graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Kirklin has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Uab Medical West
- Birmingham Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Kirklin accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James K. Kirklin practice?
Dr. James Kirklin practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Birmingham, AL.
See Birmingham Surgeons.