Dr. James Kirvin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 12th, 2015
Best ortho out of 3 that I have seen for my knee. Only one who spent time with me and explained what my problem was in detail

July 10th, 2014
Pleased Patient
Dr. Kirvin was kind, attentive, and quickly diagnosed my problem. All his assistants were great and I was always seen promptly. My husband has also been seeing him for many years. We both like his approach to care which is moderate - he doesn't jump to operate. He is an experienced and thoughtful physician.

May 20th, 2014
MRS. FAITH CROSHAW
Dr. Kirvin is not only thorough in every aspect of your condition, does not waste one minute in in doing what it takes to get you attended to, but listens to you. The listening to me is so huge because it is so key to getting healthy, because I believe that we know our bodies.

October 10th, 2013
I'm a veteran with numerous orthopedic injuries. Dr. Kirvin rocks. He values the health of his patients over monetary reward. He truly cares. I am fortunate to have him as my surgeon.

September 13th, 2013
Outstanding Doctor
Dr. Kirvin is a gem! Don't let this old work horse startle you! He has steady hands during surgery and gets the job done by doing everything that needs to be done-done without shortcuts. His staff is awesome and friendly. I would recommend him to all my family and friends! Must see dr!!!!

September 4th, 2013
Bilateral Hip Replacements
Dr Kirvin has done 2 hip replacements on me. Each one is flawless. I have full range of motion and I am pain free. I returned to work each time in 27 days. I ride my bike, swim, lift weight and have full use of both hips with almost no limitations. Dr Kirvin is an excellent surgeon as well as a very nice man, easy to talk to and professional.

August 30th, 2013
Love the Doc!
I have been using Dr. Kirvin for quite a few years. I find him very knowledgeable. He has operated on my foot, but not after trying non invasive procedures for a while to see if it would help. I like a Dr. that is not quick to operate. He has been taking care of my knees and shoulder and still no surgery. To me his bedside manner is great.

August 29th, 2013
my knowledge of Dr Kirvin a surgeon and physician.
I am an orthopedic surgeon and have have performed joint replacements for more than 50 years. I practiced in New York and had the good fortune to meet Dr Kirvin during his Residency training. He was asked to join my Orthopedic goup and practiced with us for two years when he chose to relocate to west palm beach florida in1976. I am fully familiar with his surgical excellance and when I developed the need of a Total Hip Replacement he was kind enough to perform it at Jupiter Hosp.It is a testimonial to him that I did not go to an Academic center in N.Y.for the Surgery.

December 6th, 2011
Fabulous Doctor
Dr. Kirvin is a wonderful doctor. He diagnosed both my shoulder problem & my knee problem. He took care of both problems & I have been pain free since.He is kind and very knowledgeable. I highly recommend him.

June 1st, 2011
He only partially diagnosed part of my problem. His colleague got it correct.

June 1st, 2011
Kick the Hip
I couldn't be happier or more satisfied,This cat is Hip!

October 12th, 2008
misdiagnosis blamed on me
I understand people make mistakes, which is why I would have forgiven this doctor had he had any empathy at alll with my situation. He diagnosed me as having a muscle contusion in my back after looking at an X-ray and MRI, gave me anti-inflammatory drugs and sent me home. When a week passed and I was still in excruciating, debilitating pain that prevented me from walking or resting, I called his office to ask for help. He was off, but another person prescribed me Tordol _ a serious drug that made me sick all weekend, but that I kept taking because I was told it would help. Finally, after more than a week, I called Dr. Kirvin in tears, begging for help from the pain in my back that was devastating and he told my boyfriend that I was "hysterical." And then said, "The MRI doesn't lie." Well apparently it doesn't, but that doesn't mean something wasn't wrong with me. When I went to another doctor who actually examined my back, took notes, and listened when I told him about the pain, it took him about 5 seconds and a minute to look at my X-ray to diagnose fractures in my tranverse processees in my back. The medicine Dr. Kirvin prescribed me as actually did more damage to healing the fractures than if I hadn't taken anything at all. I called Dr. Kirvin's office and told his nurse what the correct diagnosis was. She said she'd pass it along, but I doubt she did. Anyway, people make mistakes, I understand that. But Dr. Kirvin needs to learn to listen to his patients a little better. I would not reccommend him.