A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Klancnik:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Klancnik, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Macular Degeneration
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
- Retinal Vein Occlusion
Education & Awards
Dr. Klancnik graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia.
Dr. Klancnik has 12 hospital affiliations:
- NYU Hospitals Center
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Klancnik accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans