A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Knol:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Knol is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Knol
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Knol Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Knol, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Colon Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Esophageal and Gastric Varices
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Diseases
- Liver Removal (Hepatectomy)
- Lung Cancer
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Rectal Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Knol graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Knol has 3 hospital affiliations:
- University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers
- San Juan Regional Medical Center
- University of Michigan Health System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Alan Knol MD is a male Surgeon, has 38 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James A. Knol practice?
- Dr. James Knol has 1 office location.
Dr. James Knol practices Surgery near Ann Arbor, MI.
See Ann Arbor Surgeons.