Dr. James Kocjancic DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

December 23rd, 2016
The best
I recently took my elderly mother into the UPMC Hamot ER. We were placed in a hallway bed due to how busy the ER was. Dr. Kocjancic walked by us several times and smiled and even stopped once to ask if we needed anything while we waited for a room. After a room emptied near us, the family walked out saying their doctor was the best they ever had. It was Dr. Kocjancic. After we got placed in the room, sure enough, Dr. Kocjancic came in to treat my mother. He was everything one would hope their doctor to be. He introduced himself not only to my mother but to me as well! He was thorough in his questions and exam. He explained all the tests he planned on ordering and then their results a bit later. Through this, he stopped in twice to make sure my mother was doing okay and to see if we needed anything. After we decided a plan of treatment, we were discharged with very well-explained instructions. I have never experienced a doctor like Dr. Kocjancic before. If only he had his own practice!

November 12th, 2015
Thankful Mother
My son was taken to the ER at the end of summer for alcohol and drug use. His behavior was embarrassing and he was berating everyone, including some wonderful nurses. When Doctor Jim (he introduced himself as this) walked in the room, the complete energy of the room changed. Clearly, he had the respect of his nurses and helpers. He spoke respectfully but firmly to my son, treated him with needed medications, and ordered tests to make sure my son would be safe (he even explained all the tests to us!). From first walking into the room, I would never have dreamed to have the great outcome we did. Thank you, Doctor Jim, for taking control and providing excellent care!

June 18th, 2015
I have been to Dr. Kocjancic's ER before and not taken seriously. He changed my opinion of his ER and restored my faith that there are still great doctors out there.

February 27th, 2015
Best Doctor Ever
Dr. Kojancic is a class-act! I usually go to St. Vincents but went to Hamot because it was the closer Emergency Room when I had a serious problem. Dr. Kojancic and his nurses far exceeded any care I have gotten in my life, ever! Go there and ask for him!

January 19th, 2015
Best bedside manner EVER! Will go to his ER time and again!

December 22nd, 2014
I never had a doctor before with such an amazing bedside manner!

October 25th, 2014
The staff of UPMC Hamot ER were incredible. I felt very fortunate and lucky. Then Dr. Kocjancic came into the room and blew the roof off of all of my expectations. He took his time with me and my family, introduced himself to everyone, and provided me with the best care possible. UPMC Hamot ER is one of the best and Dr. Kocjancic has to be the best doctor I have ever met! Even my family was amazed!

September 17th, 2013
I agree with the first reviewer. I have never met a physician who introduced himself to everyone in the room. He covered a lot of my history in a very concise manner and did the appropriate tests, arriving at an accurate diagnosis. I don't think physicians come any better. For being sick, it was my lucky day!

October 8th, 2016