Dr. James Krainson MD Patient Reviews

2.9

• Good
  • Bad

July 12th, 2016
Dr Krainson is an excellent physician. He takes time to explain results from any testing that has been done and listens to all questions and concerns you may have. Dr Krainson also gives you recommendations for steps you can take (beside your medications) to help improve or ease the symptoms of your medical problem.

June 24th, 2016
No time or attention to patients
Took over 3 hours to see me. No prescription refills by phone, appt required, but next available appt is in 2 months! I have trouble breathing and when I asked what should I do in the meantime, I was told to just go to the ER whenever i had breathing trouble - that would cost thousands! Receptionist and Office Mgr were very rude and acted like it was a favor for the doctor to see me at all.

June 21st, 2015
Excellent care
I was a patient of Dr, Krainson's partner, Dr. Mezey, for many years. When he retired, I wondered whether Dr. Krainson would be as good. I couldn't be more pleased. He is kind, caring, and willing to discuss any questions until I'm fully satisfied with the answers. I was born with sleep apnea, and I prefer Dr. Krainson to others I've seen for more than 60 years to treat it.

March 17th, 2015
was not a happy camper as if he pay me to be there did not care to give a smile or help to ease problem no care for patience

March 21st, 2013
Do not recommend this doctor for a sleep study. I went to a second, more reputable doctor and discovered that Dr. Krainson lied about the severity of my sleep apnea. I had a mild case and yet he said I had a moderate case and needed a CPAP machine or my health would suffer. When I could not tolerate using the machine he had no other suggestions other than an elastic headband to prevent me from removing the mask during my sleep. It did not work and I could have purchase one for one dollar at a drugstore instead of the inflated price I paid. He had no other alternate methods of treatment and in my opinion did not know much about sleep apnea and how it could be treated. My guess is he makes money for every machine that is sold to his patients especially since he only has one make and model of CPAP machine and mask to choose from. Dishonest and money grubbing incompetent doctor.

July 9th, 2012
I will never know how good this doctor is thanks to his awful staff!
This doctor was listed on my mother's insurance plan provider directory, an appointment was made only to arrive to his office, complete all paperwork, wait 40 minutes and be told that the doctor is not "yet credentialed" with the health plan and my mother could not be seen. His office staff did not have the courtesy or the good sense of sharing this crucial piece of information with me at the time of making the appointment when they very well knew it!! Communication goes a long way people!! I would have never made the appointment, wasted my and my mother's time! And they managed to misplace my mother's insurance card causing an extra 10 minutes of aggravation while we waited for them to find it! REALLY!!! It's a pity...

June 5th, 2017