A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Krook:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Krook is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Krook, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 21 areas:
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Anorexia (Loss of Appetite)
- Breast Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Leukopenia (Low White Blood Cell count)
- Liver Cancer
- Low Platelet Count (Thrombocytopenia)
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Lung Cancer (Small Cell Carcinoma)
- Ovarian Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Rectal Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Krook graduated from University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minneapolis. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Krook has 6 hospital affiliations:
- St Lukes Hospital Of Duluth
- Hayward Area Memorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Krook accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- HealthPartners - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota - 4 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Medica Health Plans - 2 plans
- Anthem - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James E. Krook practice?
Dr. James Krook practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, Medical Oncology, and Hematology & Oncology near Duluth, MN.
Additional practice locations include: Spooner, WI and Hayward, WI.
See Duluth Internists, Duluth Hematologists, and Duluth Oncologists.