A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Ku:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Ku is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Ku, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Ku graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Ku has 9 hospital affiliations:
- The Reading Hospital and Medical Center
- U Mass Memorial Med Ctr - Memorial Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ku accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 21 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 10 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James Ku practice?
Dr. James Ku practices Surgery, Surgical Critical Care, Urology, Pediatric Urology, and Critical Care Medicine near Lancaster, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Hershey, PA and Medford, MA.
See Lancaster Surgeons, Lancaster Urologists, and Lancaster Critical Care Practitioners.