Dr. James Kurtzman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Kurtzman?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 15th, 2016

Dr. Kurtzman helped save my pregnancy.

He helped my pregnancy go full-term after I was placed on bed rest at 19 weeks for an incompetent cervix & risk of preterm labor. He guided me through the process with exceptional knowledge and experience. I really believe his ability to think outside the box was a major contributing factor. He has a way of explaining risks very optimistically, seems to be available 24/7 since he was always there when I needed him, even outside of normal business hours.

July 7th, 2015

A Very Respectful, Patient, and Supportive Doctor!

Needless to say, our first pregnancy was difficult. We had encountered all sorts of issues...bad test results, cervix issues, bed rest...luckily, we had Dr. Kurtzman and his staff on our side to help us out. I can't say enough positive things about the team and how helpful they were. Dr. Kurtzman always took the time to answer our questions and explain all of the details of what test we were doing and what the results meant. Dr. Kurtzman and his staff demonstrated extreme professionalism, but also made us feel like a family. Finally, his office is very well decorated and has a very nice ambiance. The relaxing atmosphere definitely helps calm you down when times can be stressful, so if you are having issues with your pregnancy, do not hesitate to see him and his staff for help!

April 30th, 2014

From the moment you walk-in to the moment you leave, you are treated like a "Rare Gem." I can not say enough the thanks and gratitude I feel for Dr. Kurtzman and his staff. As a second time mother and with twins, I have never been more comfortable and treated with caution and an abundance of love for our unborn children. We had a range of health risk for my self and our babies. This can put any parents fears to reality, but with Dr. Kurtzmans optimism, professional guidance, and quick recommendations to maintain a healthy pregnancy, we made it to 37 weeks delivering a healthy baby boy and baby girl. I would highly recommend everyone who is looking for a exceptional doctor on their new pregnancy journey.

March 12th, 2014

Dr. Kurtzman and his staff are amazing. I loved going to my appointments here. First, Dr. Kurtzman is an extremely knowledgeable doctor who took one look at my case (I was high risk) and made sure he did everything he could to monitor the baby. He's very hands on and doesn't just push everything off to the nurses. He even reviewed my test results while he was at a work conference. This put my mind at ease throughout the pregnancy. I actually went to him with most of my concerns instead of my OB because Dr. Kurtzman was more accessible. Second, his staff is incredible nice and professional. All my appointments were on time and the office hums with efficiency. Finally, the office itself is like a spa. When I first walked in, I thought I was in the wrong place. The office looks like a Restoration Hardware store. It is beautiful. I ended up have all of my stress tests at Dr. Kurtman's office and I felt like Dr. Kurtzman and the whole staff was my family by the time I graduated. Thank you Dr. Kurtzman for a wonderful caring experience.

September 14th, 2013

The Best MFM!!

Dr. James Kurtzman is the best MFM! Pretty strong statement, I know. He not only saved my babies but he also helped bring them into the world. I was a twin pregnancy (already high risk) with preterm contractions that would send me to L&D, so we were in the office weekly. Dr. Kurtzman took an aggressive approach to slowing/stopping my contractions and it allowed me to carry my sons to just past 33 weeks. Such a blessing! Dr. Kurtzman could teach a class in bedside manner as he sets a high standard in patient care. He is personable, his smile is genuine, he gets excited when you hit milestones and he has the most infectious laugh. Dr. Kurtzman was with me every step of the way during my pregnancy. When I called him at 2am just to let him know we were in labor, he not only answered but also asked if I wanted him to come to the hospital. He was there in 20 minutes and helped deliver my babies. Dr. Kurtzman, the man who kept them safe, was one of the first people my sons saw when they entered the world and I couldn't have been happier. Let me not fail to mention the wonderful staff that serves as the glue to this practice. Janine (sp), the office manager, is warm, supportive and a wealth of knowledge (recommendations for OBs and pediatricians). The technicians and front office staff are all very kind and great at what they do. They saw me through a very difficult and trying pregnancy and I am grateful to have had them there for us. I recommend Dr. Kurtzman above all else and credit him with the safe arrival of our healthy, happy and beautiful baby boys. I just realized I failed to mention the actual office and that's because the people who work there outshine the immaculate and serene decor. OC Maternal-Fetal Medicine is the epitome of perfection. It has a heart of gold (the staff) and is beautiful on the outside (the office).

July 19th, 2013

Compassionate and Capable

When a couple is expecting, the last thing you want to hear is that there is a problem. However, when that happens, the first thing you want is a capable, caring, and sympathetic doctor. We found that in Dr. Kurtzman. Originally referred to him for a routine 20-week ultrasound, we discovered in that appt that our son was a little behind the growth curve. Dr. Kurtzman suggested a follow-up a month later, and it became clear at that point that our baby was growth restricted. Over the next 3 months, Dr. Kurtzman conducted careful, thorough, and routine monitoring to ensure that our baby was as healthy as possible and stayed inside for as long as possible. Many growth restricted babies enter the world very, very early, and very, very small, but thanks to Dr. Kurtzman's care and suggestions for what we could do (restricted activity, etc), I was able to carry my son to 37 weeks. We delivered him at 3 lbs, 7 oz, which was accurate to the gram to Dr. Kurtzman's estimate that very morning. It was Dr. Kurtzman's expertise that made sure our son came when he needed to, but not a moment sooner. Not only was his expertise impeccable, Dr. Kurtzman displayed a compassionate attention from the start. We felt totally cared for and comfortable to ask any and all questions. Dr. Kurtzman never rushed our visits, he never patronized us, but nor did he ever give us false hope or misleading information about our case. We had a committed and concerned partner in Dr. Kurtzman from day one. And as if his prenatal care wasn't enough, he actually visited us in the hospital that night while I labored, and even stopped in to NICU as our son's very first visitor. We could not have asked for a better caregiver.

August 9th, 2012

My daughter is here because of Dr. Kurtzman

Dr. Kurtzman is a fabulous Dr. I had multiple miscarriages and felt hopeless. Dr. Kurtzman stood by me through many and in the end, we have a beautiful little girl. What I appreciate most about Dr. Kurtzman is how he had compassion and knowledge about our situation. When I became pregnant with my daughter, he did everything and anything to keep her and we have her today, I believe, partly due to his expertise and commitment. I will forever be grateful and recommend him to anyone who needs a high-risk doc. He's wonderful.

July 23rd, 2012

Dr. Kurtzman at OC Maternal-Fetal Medicine

This is a review for Dr. James Kurtzman at his Irvine location, OC Maternal-Fetal Medicine.I will start by saying that I never write reviews for doctors. But going through my first pregnancy, I realized how important these reviews are for other folks out there in search of the very best doctors and medical care. I did hours of research trying to find the best and often found myself reading reviews online and soliciting information from friends and colleagues. I hope that you find this review helpful. Dr. Kurtzman is an outstanding doctor and deserves the absolute highest ratings. I was diagnosed as a high risk pregnancy early on and was fortunately referred to Dr. K. This has been a true blessing. Dr. K is extremely experienced and professional. He provides top notch care and has amazing patient interaction skills. He is professional, experienced, qualified, calm, informative, caring, responsive, on-time, and detailed. He is also at the top of his field as he continues to hone his skills as a professor at a local medical school. All qualities you want during your pregnancy. In addition, he gave my husband and me his undivided attention at each appointment. He always made himself available to us for questions and promptly returned all calls. In addition, his office staff, nurses, and technicians are also top notch and provide personalized service. There are countless times during my pregnancy when Dr. K and his office went above and beyond to provide assistance. This is a truly rare office that has the best of the best in all categories. Living in OC, there are many great doctors and patients have many choices. If you have the opportunity to select Dr. K, then you should. Without any hesitation, I highly recommend Dr. Kurtzman at OC Maternal-Fetal Medicine.

January 19th, 2012

love him!!!!

He is by far the best md i've ever had the pleasure of meeting. he deserves much more then 4 stars! ill be going back to him for my next little one. i would def recommend him, but then there would be too many women and i wont get to see him!!! lol. but really we need more doctors like him.

April 23rd, 2010

Dr. Kurtzman delivered my set of quadruplet boys in 1998 in Louisville KY. Today the boys are all VERY healthy, happy and wild boys. Excellent doctor and would recommend him to anyone needing a High Risk MD! If he reads this he will remember me because I was actually his 1st set of quads while he was in training:) Highly recommended by me!

March 19th, 2010

Joan - Mother of two

Dr. Kurtzman is an exceptional physician. I so appreciate his great communication skills, his gentle bedside manner, and is superior knowledge. I highly recommend him to anyone who needs pregnancy expertise.

October 26th, 2009

Highly recommend

Dr. Kurtzman is knowledgeable, professional and personaable. I never feel like he is in a rush and he is great about answering every question I have. I feel like he really understands me as a patient and that helps me feel at ease under his care. I would recommend him to anyone, whether they are having multiples or not.