Dr. James Baker Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Baker Jr?

Skin Cancer

Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.

Have you seen Dr. James Baker Jr?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 18th, 2017

Regret

I recently had surgery performed by Dr. Baker (SS Face Lift, U/L Blepharoplasty, Fat Transfer and Submental Liposuction). Worst decision I have ever made. It seems like there have been issues from the start. The worst part of the whole experience (let me clarify the experience after the surgery) has been Dr. Bakers attitude of “Do not question anything I tell you”. When you ask him to look at something, he won’t bother to put his glasses on, simply looks at you from across the room and says “You are fine”. Where do I begin. He completely cut my tragus off of one ear, and when I asked him about it, he said that he didn’t cut it off and that it was still there. He cut it off and it’s extremely obvious that it’s gone. I have a really bad scar under one eye, and when I asked about it, just said that it was fine and will look better with time. The scar is so bad that makeup cannot cover it at all. I told him that friends at work have asked what happened to my eye, his reply “Oh they are just jealous women” What!? These were male friends. Both of my lower eyelids are drooping to the point that my sclera is showing between the iris and eyelid. He actually argued with me that it wasn’t. I told him to look at the after pictures that his assistant Christina had in her hand that she had just taken. He refused and told me “Just take your pictures and maybe when I see you back in December you will be happy”. My husband and I just stood there in disbelief. Under my chin I have a hard lump of scar tissue from over aggressive lipo. Sad thing is I never really had an issue with anything under my chin as it looked good before the surgery. Dr. Baker said that is part of the other procedures he was performing. My last appointment, he said that he couldn’t help me anymore. Basically he was done with me. Bottom line is that he was wonderful before the surgery, but as issues arose, he got more and more irritated with my concerns and questions which eventually led to him completely stopping any help. In this process he became unprofessional and downright nasty. I’m sure if the surgery went well he would have still been nice, and this review would be completely different. I really wish I had interviewed more doctors. It should be a sign that in all of my follow up appointments I have seen only one other patient in his waiting room. Also they only showed me 4 before and after photos, as they said that was all they have. I can guarantee that he won’t use my after photos as it would scare anyone away. I simply trusted him as the doctor that has been around for a long time. Big mistake. I now have issues and have been left hanging high and dry by the doctor that performed them. His only and continued response is, “time will make you happy, come back in December.” I always thought that doctors had an ethical obligation to their patients. I guess in this case I was wrong.

August 14th, 2012

Dr. Baker is very skilled in his specialty and is a very talented surgeon. His bedside manner is excellent. He never rushes you through an appt. and is very patient even though I had a hundred questions! I had liposuction done by him and now am a regular Botox/Juvederm patient. My lipo turned out awesome, no ripples, no scars and very natural. I have a friend who went somewhere else and she has ripples and lumps. Have always been very happy with the injectables as well. Once I thought one side needed a little more after a week or so. I called the office and was told to come back in and added a little to that side for me at no charge. He said he just wanted me to be happy. Oh, and his staff is super friendly and fun!

June 16th, 2011

CAUTION!!!

Used Sculptra on me and ruined my face. Initially I was pleased but he overfilled and 2 years later I cannot smile.

January 30th, 2011

Great doctor!

I had my breasts done by Dr. Baker and they look really natural and you can barely see the scar. The comment from the other patient should be taken very lightly as everyone scars differently. Dr. Baker is a very good doctor!

January 25th, 2011

Breast Augmentation

My breast augmentation is so natural with no visible scars after 3 years. The previous ratings are unfair. I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Baker. Spent lots of time discussing my options and explaining over/under the muscle differences. Also, recommended a friend to him and she was as happy as I was. We are both late 40's and wanted most natural looking breast aug. and Dr. Baker is number 1 in my book.

July 31st, 2017