Pediatric Ophthalmologist
Downtown San Antonio
311 Camden St Ste 511
San Antonio, TX 78215
210-225-0084
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
 |  Highly Reccomended  |  show details
by S. W. on Sep 7th, 2013

I have been going to Dr,Mims from the time I was just 10 mo.s old, a long, long time ago (over 25 yr.s!), and can tell you I have never met a more competent, caring and conscientious Doctor. He has always gone out of his way to explain things clearly and answer any questions you might have. I would recommend him whole heatedly. A side note- He does prioritize seeing his post-op and youngest patients first, so you might have a bit of a wait if you are an older patient just in for a check up, but the quality of care is worth it. :)

|  Rude and Disrespectful  |  show details
May 31st, 2013

Dr Mims is very rude and disrespectful!!! He does not know how to talk to parents in the appropriate way, and when you ask him questioning he cuts you off and gets upset and starts yelling because you have questioned him and his work/office policies. The first few visits with him were ok besides him talking about the war and things that were not related to my child eyes. But the last visit was horrible! His staff do not know what they are doing, they called me several times about a referral that they already had on file. Overall he got my son eyes straighten but its all about respect when your wanting to keep patients. Dr Mims is the type of doctor that feels like he knows it all and you either do what he says or screw your children. Instead of listening to the concerned parent. Not a good doctor professional wise but a great doctor correcting a childs vision.

by J. NINO on Apr 23rd, 2013

WHAT A WONDERFUL DOCTOR AND STAFF. I RECENTLY WENT IN WITH MY CHILD TO SEE DR. MIMS. HIS STAFF WAS SO FRIENDLY AND THE DOCTOR WAS SO EXPLANATORY AND EXPLAINED TO ME EXACTLY WHAT WAS GOING ON WITH MY DAUGHTER. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR TO ANYONE WHO IS LOOKING FOR TREATMENT IN HIS SPECIALTY. THANK YOU DR. MIMS AND STAFF FOR THE WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE.

by MS. G on Mar 27th, 2013

Thank you for my wonderful experience on Tuesday to Dr. Mims and his staff. My husband took our daughter in and does not understand or speak English very well. After the visit my husband returned home , and told me that the Doctor did his very best to explain to him the condition of our child. He said the doctor spoke Spanish to him, and his staff was very helpful. Thank you for your understanding and for assisting my family. I look forward to following up with this office. Thank you once again. Mrs. G

Mar 11th, 2013

Dr. Mims is an excellent doctor. I have been seeing him since I was about 2 years old, he has done 3 eye surgeries on me and has done everything to help keep my eyes straight. I have had 20/20 vision since I was 16 and am now 21. He always goes over my past visits with me and explains how things are going with my eyes now. He knows his stuff and I trust him with my eyes fully.

|  Horrible staff  |  show details
Mar 11th, 2013

I took my daughter to Dr. Mims office for issues with her eyes. She has had 3 surgeries which came out well. However, the staff is rude. My daughter had an appointment today and due to my work schedule I was unable to take her myself. Instead my mother, who has taken her before, took her again today. She was treated disrespectfully, lied to, and then was asked to leave in an unprofessional and embarrassing way by Dr. Mims himself. I called the office before the dr even arrived and explained why I was not there. That my mom has been before with no problems as well as my husband who is the stepdad again with no problem. The lady I spoke to lied to me saying my mom threw a note at her. Then lied to me when I called back saying that it was policy for parents only to attend. This is not posted in the office anywhere. The staff has always given me a problem when I take her myself and I was told thanks for my business and hung up on. I am appalled that people like that are allowed to work in an office that have no professionalism what so ever

by MRS.K on Mar 10th, 2013

Wonderful doctor and wonderful staff would highly recommend this doctor to anyone who is looking to fix their children's crossed eyes. The doctor is very knowledgeable in his field. He stated that he has over 35 years of experience and his staff was just so helpful and wonderful personalities. I felt that the doctor took a lot of time with his patient's and the wait was a pretty long wait, but overall this doctor knew his stuff, and it was a pleasant experience.

Mar 3rd, 2013

I would just like to say, that Dr. Mims has been treating my child for many years. I had recently stop treatment by Dr. Mims, due to a former employee who worked at the front desk. After receiving a post card from Dr. Mims I did return back to his office. To my amazement I was greeted by a new person at the Front Desk. His new staff was amazing. They did give me a small flyer, advising his patients that the office has a new staff, along with new management. I can say that I would personally return to Dr. Mims office in the future. I would recommend this Doctor for the treatment of your child. He is an amazing doctor and I only stopped taking my child there because of his front desk person. Thank you Dr. Mims , and much appreciation to your new staff.

Mar 2nd, 2013

I worked for Dr. Mims, from my date of hire to the day I left ate at my desk, patient would wait for hours while he took care of his personal calls, bank runs, ate lunch etc. He would make racial remarks. Your child information is not kept very private. Last I knew he had his billing done from someones house that is not bonded, llcensed. There many other things I cannot write about but wish I could. His response to this is its not true, I'm angry, bitter, etc.

Feb 16th, 2013

His bedside manners are poor and his staff is lazy. To report him or any doctor contact the Texas Medical Board if a doctor does not have the address posted ask for it.

Jan 28th, 2013

he has really bad bedside manners and the staff is not courteous staff, they get an attitude when he ask them to work, and if you ask him questions about your child he gets offended and yells if you dont use medical terms, overall not a good dr and dont recommend it never in my life ive had a dr yell/scream at me for any reason let alone because im asking questions with out using proper medical terms, i am not a dr or nurse to know medical terms

Doctor's Response

This comment was by a dissatisfied grandmother who was upset because her beautiful grandchild needed yet another strabismus surgery ... extremely rare in my experience. She made unreasonable demands on my excellent staff and has damaged her own grandchild by her anger. That day, I saw at least 12 satisfied patients.

|  OFFICE IS DIRTY  |  show details
Dec 1st, 2012

OFFICE IS DIRTY FRONT STAFF EATING AT THEIR DESK. I THOUGHT WAS RUDE SINCE PATIENT HAVE BEEN WAITING ALL DAY TO BE TREATED. WAIT TIME TO BE SEEN IS OVER AN HOUR EVEN IF THERE ARE NO PATIENTS. THE DOCTOR IS NOT FRIENDLY IS OLD AND LOOKS TRIED. JUST A THE PLACE FOR MY CHILD TO BE TREATED

Doctor's Response

This was posted by a disgruntled former employee. Note the poor grammar and irrational details. Everything about this statement is untrue.

Aug 6th, 2012

Dr. Mims is great! He is knowledgable, he cares about his patient's, and explains the diagnosis.

|  best eye doc  |  show details
May 3rd, 2010

he is the best eye doc i haved visted right answer my daughter has seen him for about 4 years her eyes vison is getting better

|  A Good Doctor for Crossed Eyes  |  show details
Jul 22nd, 2009

When I took my baby boy to my Pediatrician she recomended Dr. Mims for my baby's cross-eyed condition. He was obviously an expert in this condition. That was two years ago. Everything has gone well, including the office visits and the one surgery. I would recommend him if your child has crossed eyes.

|  Finally Getting the Correct Answer  |  show details
by Jenny on Jul 16th, 2009

After visiting several different types of health care profesionals, I finally went to the physician recommended by my pediatrician for my child's crossed eyes. He worked extremely well with my three year old child. I saw a video tape, a slide show with a model, and he explained everything very thoroughly. The surgery went well, and I would certainly recommend Dr Mims for any parent of a child with crossed eyes.

Jul 29th, 2008 on yahoo.com

I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. I took my two year old to him for a consult and he was rude and inappropriate. He doesn't know how to speak to parents who only want whats best for their children. When I spoke to him over the telephone to di

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
Doctor's Response

The comment was made by a mother in 2008 in one of the busiest weeks of the year for a Pediatric Ophthalmologist. The child had been brought for the first visit a few weeks prior by the father, who was shown a video, a slide lecture, and given a detailed explanation of treatment needed. My mistake was in not recognizing that this was the first visit for the mother. We have changed our systems so that I will not make this mistake again.