Dr. James Mims III Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Mims III?

September 29th, 2016

Dr Mims is a great doctor. I have been taking my children there for over 10 years now. He has always provided our family with the best care and very detailed and informative about my children's syndrome. I highly recommend this Doctor. His Office Manager Priscilla R has been with him since I started attending his office. She is amazing, kind, sweet, caring, helpful and very professional. Thank you to her for all you do for his patient's and all your hard work.

September 21st, 2016

First to all that have written bad reviews, you should be ashamed of yourselves. May God bless you and be with you in your less than Godly views. Now to Dr. Mims. He is one of the greatest and most eduated doctors i have ever had the pleasure to meet. Note I have work in the medical fields with over 100s of doctors. He is patient and loving to all his patients. He takes the time to explain the whole process and put everyone at ease. He receives high marks from other patients I have spoken with. Please pay no attention to the poor reviews.

May 10th, 2015

Angel Bella

The doctor is excellent. He's staff is the worst I've ever had to deal with in 11 years I've had my severely handicap daughter. His office staff has kept my daughter from getting her third eye operation she desperately needed. She refused to set an appointment due to a power game she has over the scheduled book. I wanted to see this doctor three hours in his very tiny waiting room with my daughter with a trach, Feeding tube, oxygen tank, suction machine, Feeding pump. Her little legs were dark blue and icy cold due to poor circulation from sitting on a wheelchair without movement for so many hours. I saw doctor at my local supermarket and explained our situations. Sadly he sided with that office employee and never finished what he started and my daughters eyes were never fixed correctly. I pray this woman knows how much suffering she has caused by her darkest. Also, I will never understand how he ( the doctor) could allow such control over his practice.

September 7th, 2013

Highly Reccomended

I have been going to Dr,Mims from the time I was just 10 mo.s old, a long, long time ago (over 25 yr.s!), and can tell you I have never met a more competent, caring and conscientious Doctor. He has always gone out of his way to explain things clearly and answer any questions you might have. I would recommend him whole heatedly. A side note- He does prioritize seeing his post-op and youngest patients first, so you might have a bit of a wait if you are an older patient just in for a check up, but the quality of care is worth it. :)

May 31st, 2013

Rude and Disrespectful

Dr Mims is very rude and disrespectful!!! He does not know how to talk to parents in the appropriate way, and when you ask him questioning he cuts you off and gets upset and starts yelling because you have questioned him and his work/office policies. The first few visits with him were ok besides him talking about the war and things that were not related to my child eyes. But the last visit was horrible! His staff do not know what they are doing, they called me several times about a referral that they already had on file. Overall he got my son eyes straighten but its all about respect when your wanting to keep patients. Dr Mims is the type of doctor that feels like he knows it all and you either do what he says or screw your children. Instead of listening to the concerned parent. Not a good doctor professional wise but a great doctor correcting a childs vision.

March 28th, 2013

Thank you for my wonderful experience on Tuesday to Dr. Mims and his staff. My husband took our daughter in and does not understand or speak English very well. After the visit my husband returned home , and told me that the Doctor did his very best to explain to him the condition of our child. He said the doctor spoke Spanish to him, and his staff was very helpful. Thank you for your understanding and for assisting my family. I look forward to following up with this office. Thank you once again. Mrs. G

March 11th, 2013

Dr. Mims is an excellent doctor. I have been seeing him since I was about 2 years old, he has done 3 eye surgeries on me and has done everything to help keep my eyes straight. I have had 20/20 vision since I was 16 and am now 21. He always goes over my past visits with me and explains how things are going with my eyes now. He knows his stuff and I trust him with my eyes fully.

March 11th, 2013

Horrible staff

I took my daughter to Dr. Mims office for issues with her eyes. She has had 3 surgeries which came out well. However, the staff is rude. My daughter had an appointment today and due to my work schedule I was unable to take her myself. Instead my mother, who has taken her before, took her again today. She was treated disrespectfully, lied to, and then was asked to leave in an unprofessional and embarrassing way by Dr. Mims himself. I called the office before the dr even arrived and explained why I was not there. That my mom has been before with no problems as well as my husband who is the stepdad again with no problem. The lady I spoke to lied to me saying my mom threw a note at her. Then lied to me when I called back saying that it was policy for parents only to attend. This is not posted in the office anywhere. The staff has always given me a problem when I take her myself and I was told thanks for my business and hung up on. I am appalled that people like that are allowed to work in an office that have no professionalism what so ever

January 28th, 2013

he has really bad bedside manners and the staff is not courteous staff, they get an attitude when he ask them to work, and if you ask him questions about your child he gets offended and yells if you dont use medical terms, overall not a good dr and dont recommend it never in my life ive had a dr yell/scream at me for any reason let alone because im asking questions with out using proper medical terms, i am not a dr or nurse to know medical terms

Doctor's Response

This comment was by a dissatisfied grandmother who was upset because her beautiful grandchild needed yet another strabismus surgery ... extremely rare in my experience. She made unreasonable demands on my excellent staff and has damaged her own grandchild by her anger. That day, I saw at least 12 satisfied patients.

SHOW

December 1st, 2012

OFFICE IS DIRTY

OFFICE IS DIRTY FRONT STAFF EATING AT THEIR DESK. I THOUGHT WAS RUDE SINCE PATIENT HAVE BEEN WAITING ALL DAY TO BE TREATED. WAIT TIME TO BE SEEN IS OVER AN HOUR EVEN IF THERE ARE NO PATIENTS. THE DOCTOR IS NOT FRIENDLY IS OLD AND LOOKS TRIED. JUST A THE PLACE FOR MY CHILD TO BE TREATED

Doctor's Response

This was posted by a disgruntled former employee. Note the poor grammar and irrational details. Everything about this statement is untrue.

August 6th, 2012

Dr. Mims is great! He is knowledgable, he cares about his patient's, and explains the diagnosis.

May 3rd, 2010

best eye doc

he is the best eye doc i haved visted right answer my daughter has seen him for about 4 years her eyes vison is getting better