Pediatric Ophthalmologist
Downtown San Antonio
311 Camden St Ste 511
San Antonio, TX 78215
210-225-0084
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
 |  Highly Reccomended  |  show details
by S. W. on Sep 7th, 2013

I have been going to Dr,Mims from the time I was just 10 mo.s old, a long, long time ago (over 25 yr.s!), and can tell you I have never met a more competent, caring and conscientious Doctor. He has always gone out of his way to explain things clearly and answer any questions you might have. I would recommend him whole heatedly. A side note- He does prioritize seeing his post-op and youngest patients first, so you might have a bit of a wait if you are an older patient just in for a check up, but the quality of care is worth it. :)

by J. NINO on Apr 23rd, 2013

WHAT A WONDERFUL DOCTOR AND STAFF. I RECENTLY WENT IN WITH MY CHILD TO SEE DR. MIMS. HIS STAFF WAS SO FRIENDLY AND THE DOCTOR WAS SO EXPLANATORY AND EXPLAINED TO ME EXACTLY WHAT WAS GOING ON WITH MY DAUGHTER. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR TO ANYONE WHO IS LOOKING FOR TREATMENT IN HIS SPECIALTY. THANK YOU DR. MIMS AND STAFF FOR THE WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE.

by MS. G on Mar 27th, 2013

Thank you for my wonderful experience on Tuesday to Dr. Mims and his staff. My husband took our daughter in and does not understand or speak English very well. After the visit my husband returned home , and told me that the Doctor did his very best to explain to him the condition of our child. He said the doctor spoke Spanish to him, and his staff was very helpful. Thank you for your understanding and for assisting my family. I look forward to following up with this office. Thank you once again. Mrs. G

Mar 11th, 2013

Dr. Mims is an excellent doctor. I have been seeing him since I was about 2 years old, he has done 3 eye surgeries on me and has done everything to help keep my eyes straight. I have had 20/20 vision since I was 16 and am now 21. He always goes over my past visits with me and explains how things are going with my eyes now. He knows his stuff and I trust him with my eyes fully.

by MRS.K on Mar 10th, 2013

Wonderful doctor and wonderful staff would highly recommend this doctor to anyone who is looking to fix their children's crossed eyes. The doctor is very knowledgeable in his field. He stated that he has over 35 years of experience and his staff was just so helpful and wonderful personalities. I felt that the doctor took a lot of time with his patient's and the wait was a pretty long wait, but overall this doctor knew his stuff, and it was a pleasant experience.

Mar 3rd, 2013

I would just like to say, that Dr. Mims has been treating my child for many years. I had recently stop treatment by Dr. Mims, due to a former employee who worked at the front desk. After receiving a post card from Dr. Mims I did return back to his office. To my amazement I was greeted by a new person at the Front Desk. His new staff was amazing. They did give me a small flyer, advising his patients that the office has a new staff, along with new management. I can say that I would personally return to Dr. Mims office in the future. I would recommend this Doctor for the treatment of your child. He is an amazing doctor and I only stopped taking my child there because of his front desk person. Thank you Dr. Mims , and much appreciation to your new staff.

Aug 6th, 2012

Dr. Mims is great! He is knowledgable, he cares about his patient's, and explains the diagnosis.

|  best eye doc  |  show details
May 3rd, 2010

he is the best eye doc i haved visted right answer my daughter has seen him for about 4 years her eyes vison is getting better

|  A Good Doctor for Crossed Eyes  |  show details
Jul 22nd, 2009

When I took my baby boy to my Pediatrician she recomended Dr. Mims for my baby's cross-eyed condition. He was obviously an expert in this condition. That was two years ago. Everything has gone well, including the office visits and the one surgery. I would recommend him if your child has crossed eyes.

|  Finally Getting the Correct Answer  |  show details
by Jenny on Jul 16th, 2009

After visiting several different types of health care profesionals, I finally went to the physician recommended by my pediatrician for my child's crossed eyes. He worked extremely well with my three year old child. I saw a video tape, a slide show with a model, and he explained everything very thoroughly. The surgery went well, and I would certainly recommend Dr Mims for any parent of a child with crossed eyes.

Jul 29th, 2008 on yahoo.com

I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. I took my two year old to him for a consult and he was rude and inappropriate. He doesn't know how to speak to parents who only want whats best for their children. When I spoke to him over the telephone to di

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
Doctor's Response

The comment was made by a mother in 2008 in one of the busiest weeks of the year for a Pediatric Ophthalmologist. The child had been brought for the first visit a few weeks prior by the father, who was shown a video, a slide lecture, and given a detailed explanation of treatment needed. My mistake was in not recognizing that this was the first visit for the mother. We have changed our systems so that I will not make this mistake again.