A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Scales:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Scales is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Scales, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Neck Pain
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Scales graduated from UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson, Piscataway. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Scales has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Newton Memorial Hospital
- Wayne Memorial Hospital - Honesdale
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Scales accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania - 4 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James L. Scales practice?
Dr. James Scales practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Newton, NJ.
Additional practice locations include: Montague, NJ and Hawley, PA.
See Newton Orthopedic Surgeons.