A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Vacek:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Vacek is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Vacek, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 20 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Block
- Heart Cancer
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Heart Valve Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Pericardial Effusion
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Unstable Angina
- Vascular Disease
Education & Awards
Dr. Vacek graduated from Creighton University, Omaha. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Vacek has 12 hospital affiliations:
- University Of Kansas Hospital
- Neosho Memorial Regional Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Vacek accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 1 plan
- Anthem - 2 plans
- Family Health Partners - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James L. Vacek practice?
Dr. James Vacek practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, Preventive Medicine, Nuclear Cardiology, and Public Health near Kansas City, KS.
Additional practice locations include: Leawood, KS and Emporia, KS.
See Kansas City Internists, Kansas City Cardiologists, Kansas City Plastic Surgeons, Kansas City Nuclear Medicine Physicians, and Kansas City Preventive Medicine Specialists.