Dr. James Lackey MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

February 9th, 2014
He had bad bedside manner & was rude. I went in for pap so didnt put any stars under diagnosis. Didn't choose any stars from diagnosis to the end because he doesnt deserve any stars. I didn't have need for follow up so i didn't score that subject either. He doesn't seem to care about his patients...I think he should choose a different line of work

December 2nd, 2012
Excellent doctor and the best ob to have if you have complications during delivery. I dispised the man due to his horriable insensitive beside manner, but never switched. After doing my research and talking to some of his former employees I came realized even though he has a poor bedside manner he is an excellent doctor.

May 9th, 2012
NEVER AGAIN!
Dr. Lackey was good when I was pregnant with my daughter. When I got pregnant again he refused to let me deliver at a bigger hospital. I expressed my concerns for there not being a NICU in Yukon. He is on the board at the Yukon Integris and told me he'd "lose to much money" if he had to come over to OKC to deliver... a schedule csection! He was VERY rude and I left in tears. Quickly found another Dr!!! Would never recommend him!

May 30th, 2011
Won't listen to patient concerns
I found myself pregnant at age of 41, asked him if I should see a high risk doctor and he saw no reason. After first appointment which was fine, was short staffed thereafter. At 10 wk. appointment wouldn't even try to listen for a heartbeat, said it was too early. I kept telling him about terrible pressure, as though the baby was pushing down - and this was from 10 wks. on. Of course I have pressure, I've essentially got a grapefruit in there, was his reply. At 15 wks. saw him and complained of worsening pains and pressure. He agreed to have ultrasound but it took a week to set up. (His original plan was for only one ultrasound at about 20 weeks which he said was due to ins. - but I have excellent coverage. I get upset when I hear how many ultrasounds some women get) A few days before I could have the ultrasound, I started to have severe cramping and some clear fluid leakage. I called him that Sat. a.m. and he said not to go into the ER unless I started bleeding heavily as there was nothing they could do for me there. By the time I had the ultrasound, days later, they whisked me upstairs because I was dilating (only 17 weeks along) and was low on amniotic fluid. Then saw wonderful high risk phys. - Dr. Stanley. But it was too late. Miscarried the baby a few days after that. If he would have listened to me about the terrible pressure weeks earlier, perhaps a cervical cerclage could have been done to stop delivery. This was my first pregnancy and was never able to conceive again. Very bitter about Dr. Lackey's medical treatment.

September 11th, 2009
Great Dr.!
I have been a patient for nearly 2 years. Dr. Lackey has been a doctor for many many years and he definitely knows his stuff. He is a very well respected man at Integris as he should be. He always makes me feel at ease and has wonderful bedside manner. I like that he includes my husband during visits. He even let my son "help" find the heartbeat once. Although he does seem in a hurry sometimes, he will listen to you if you are asking questions. The only downside I found is he very anti IUD's due to religous beliefs. He did however refer to another wonderful doctor. I would reccomend him to anyone!

August 24th, 2009
In a hurry
On my 1st appointment he rushed in and out without saying much to me at all. He always seems to be in such a hurry. He treats you like an idiot when you are asking questions. I started bruising real easy and was tierd all the time. he told me that is part of being pregnant. This is also signs of anemia. He said my last labs were fine. That was when I was 3 months preg. I am now 6 months and have not had labs again. I am now in search of another dr who might be a little more concerned and compassionate.

July 27th, 2009
He took excellent care of me during my pregnancy. I was older and an insulin dependent diabetic. I always felt like he was very attentive to my health and took great care of me. The staff was nice and helpful. Always remembered my name! My only negative, if this could even be one, is he sometimes seemed in a hurry.

June 16th, 2008
don't go to him-especially if you have endometriosis!!
He told me several times I needed a full hysterecromy. He told me I had absessing tumors and that I needed to 'remove all that poision from my body". He refused to explore any other diagnosis would not look at any other options. He had terrible bedside manner. He finally told me not to make another appointment unless it was for the surgery. I went to another doctor who, within secconds of an ultrasound told me I had endometriosis (severe) and that he could remove only the problem areas without removing any of my reproductive system. He did, and now I am happy to say I am 25 weeks pregnant with our first child. It's crazy to think that if I listened to him I could have removed any chance I ever had to be a birth mother or make my husband a birth father.