A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Lakin:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Lakin, Allergist & Immunologist, Internist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Lakin
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Lakin Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Lakin, FAAAAI, MD, PHD is board certified in Allergy & Immunology and Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Latex Allergy (Latex Hypersensitivity)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Lakin graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Lakin has 6 hospital affiliations:
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview
- Fairview Southdale Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Dennis Lakin FAAAAI, MD, and PHD is a male Allergist & Immunologist, has 44 years of experience and practices in Allergy & Immunology and Internal Medicine.
- Where does Dr. James D. Lakin practice?
- Dr. James Lakin has 1 office location.
Dr. James Lakin practices Allergy & Immunology and Internal Medicine near Burnsville, MN.
See Burnsville Allergists and Burnsville Internists.