Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  show details
Oct 29th, 2014

The total knee replacement was successful. However, I had almost fatal complications from medication overdose. The surgery was at Uptown, but I ended up in ER at Big Baylor, because they do not a level one ER. Dr Lancaster came in daily to admire his work, but he showed no leadership (or even interest) in my overall trauma that resulted from actions taken while under his care.

|  CHANGED MY LIFE  |  show details
by David D on Nov 14th, 2013

I cannot put into words my praises for Dr. Lancaster, he changed my quality of life. After a year plus of limping and pain, Dr. Lancaster performed hip replacements on me on July 15th on the left and Sept 18th on the right. As of November 1st, I'm hitting golf balls and walking pain free for the first time in years. My wife and I returned from vacation in Mexico today and my wife noted multiple times over the past week how nice it was to have me back, walking, and pain free. His staff, from the office to those at the Uptown Surgical Center to the PTs were amazing, very caring. Dr. Lancaster has been a true blessing in my life........

|  Going Strong five years after hip replacement  |  show details
by Mike Pocock on Jun 3rd, 2013

Dr Lancaster turned my life around with complete hip replacement in 2009. Within six weeks I was able to go to Europe and enjoy the walking. I got into Mountain Biking and have enjoyed that all over Texas and Colorado. I was courteously treated, had great staff and forthright dealings with Dr Lancaster. I have recommended him to several friends who have all had very positive results with hip replacements.

|  Excellent Caring Doctor  |  show details
Jan 13th, 2011

I went to Dr. Lancaster because I was unhappy with an orthopedic surgeon that repaired a rotary cuff for me last year. The difference was like night and day. The reason I was unhappy with the other doctor was lack of communication, and no help with pain management. When I asked a question the other doctor would just refer me to a website. Dr. Lancaster went into detail and answered questions before I even asked them. He never rushed me. Dr. Lancaster performed a total knee replacement on my right knee. There were complications, unrelated to the surgery (a nerve problem and an atrial fibrillation episode). I was in the hospital a week, and Dr. Lancaster was there every day. He answered all my questions and calmed my fears. For pain management Dr. Lancaster explained each medication, and gave me other non-medicine options to use with the meds to help ease the pain as much as possible. He also had his office arranged for home physical therapy. The other doctor had told me finding pt was not his job and I was on my own. He also told me all of my options and the pros & cons of each. Would I use him again? Yes! He will be doing a total knee replacement on the other knee as soon as the other problems have been resolved. Dr. Lancaster is an excellent caring surgeon. I highly recommend him.

|  Super-star Surgeon  |  show details
Nov 24th, 2010

As I write this on Thanksgiving eve, 2010, my new hip, courtesy of Dr Mack Lancaster, tops my list of blessings. In July, Dr Mack replaced my right hip with the anterior minimally invasive approach. That was 4 months ago and now I can do yoga, Pilates and walk 3 miles with nary a thought about that hip. It's absolutely perfect and I'm so very pleased.Happens that I serve here in Russia, 9 time zones east of Dr Mack's office in Dallas. In the spring when I decided that I had to do something about my hip but I had no clue about where to even start. But one little step at a time and Dr Mack and his office staff made it easy. They worked with me to complete forms and such over the internet. One issue was getting my x-rays to Dr Mack for his diagnosis. The x-rays were made here in Rostov-on-Don - what to do? Well, he suggested my sending them as jpeg documents to his email account. So I just taped them to the window and took photos. Too easy.Looking back at my experience with Dr Mack, in a nutshell, textbook perfect. I'm still amazed that I did not need pain pills, not a single one, not even in the hospital. (Let me qualify that: I did take several pain pills the first few weeks just before my rehab exercises, but they were to prevent any pain.)Here are a few specific things that I really appreciated:*How seriously Dr Mack takes these surgeries and the steps he takes to prevent infection. For example, he tracked me down at church the weekend before surgery and recommended that I wash w/ Hibiclens (as I recall), an antibacterial scrub.*Dr Mack's patiently answering my questions. This surgery was fascinating to me, I had watched the surgery on YouTube videos, both animated and virtual videos, and had lots of questions. Seems to me that he loves what he does and rather enjoys working with patients who find it interesting too.*Dr Mack's willingness to pray for me before the surgery is one of my favorite memories. I wish I could have somehow captured his prayer. But to have a surgeon who asks God for a sharp mind and steady hands, that's beyond comforting.Now, as for any suggestions to make the whole experience even better, I have to wrack my brain to come up with anything. But here is one, related to getting the handicapped parking permit. Coming in from overseas, that's something I needed to take care of but eventually learned that it starts in the doctor's office with the application form and his signature. Would have been good for someone at the office to have asked about that, saving me an extra trip there and lots of walking, each step quite painful. Again, my situation probably atypical, but I'm just saying...Bottom line, if you're considering hip replacement surgery, Do yourself a favor and get on in there to see Dr Mack. I'm beyond thankful for how he helped me. He truly is a superstar orthopedic surgeon.

|  Run don't walk away....even if it hurts.  |  show details
by Mike on Mar 27th, 2010

I was told by Dr. Lancaster that it is not possible to repair cartilage that it had to be cut out. Since then I have spoken to numerous patients of other doctors who have had their cartlilage repaired. This includes one woman who was walking after only days following her surgery. I feel that Dr. Lancaster's training told him this, but that long ago and he has not kept up with medical advances. My experience following surgery was a nightmare and apparently is not typical of other patients. He told me my knee would be better and that I'd walk in three days. I was unable to sleep for months except for 2 or 3 hours a night. I did not walk again for 3 months and never knew what pain was before this experience. Yet, the doctor would not accept responsibility. He did give me a lot of free follow up visits and wanted me to go to a pain management doctor. Let my learning the hard way tell you that if you have torn cartilage do not let this doctor touch you. Get to someone who is current on how to repair and do not let him rip it out and leave you bone on bone. I have wished a thousand times I knew before what I know now.