A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Lapis:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Lapis is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Lapis
Influenza Patient Education Learn all about influenza and common symptoms of the flu as well as treating this type of viral infection.Before Visiting Dr. Lapis Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Lapis, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Lapis graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Lapis has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Indian Path Medical Center
- Holston Valley Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Lawrence Lapis MD is a male Internist, has 38 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. James L. Lapis practice?
- Dr. James Lapis has 2 office locations.
Dr. James Lapis practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Bristol, TN.
Additional practice locations include: Abingdon, VA.
See Bristol Internists and Bristol Gastroenterologists.