Overall Review

September 26th, 2016
He really cares. I miss him.😢

August 30th, 2016
Great
He is compassionate, takes time to listen, knowledgeable. Highly recommended.

October 20th, 2015
Stay Away
He used WEB MD to diagnose me. he would not listen to the symptoms I was experiencing. After I demanded that he runs tests it comes back that I was right and then he referred me to the wrong specialist for my condition. His bedside manner is horrific. I had my spouse come with me to one visit to see if it was just me and he agreed this guy is awful and was appalled when he saw Dr. LaRue pull up WEB MD on the computer in the room. There is a reason he is the only one in this practice accepting new patients. Probably because everyone else has left and will not recommend him to anyone.

October 8th, 2015
Exceptional Doctor
I find Dr. Larue to be an exceptional doctor. He listens and he explains. I am extremely happy with the care he provides.

August 11th, 2015
I totally agree with Jun 25th. Dr. LaRue can't control outside influences. He was very quick and astute with my diagnosis and I will continue to be his patient.

July 25th, 2014
A+ Doctor
I usually don't write reviews, but after reading some of the negative ones here, I felt that I had to. First of all, Dr. Larue does not have any control over the time spent in the waiting room. Insurance mandates that a certain number of patients need to be seen per hour; the office staff loads the daily schedule to reflect that number; Dr. Larue spends enough time with each patient to get to the bottom of their complaint, with some patients taking more time, thus sending the schedule into 'backup mode'. My visit was extremely beneficial. His diagnosis was obviously right on the money because what he prescribed did exactly what was needed. Of course, I took my meds. He has no control over someone who won't take the medicine as prescribed. I say - keep up the good work, Dr. Larue.

November 21st, 2013
Patients
We find Dr. LaRue an exceptional Doctor, we would change Insurance companies before we change this Doctor. He is very patient and dilagent.

June 28th, 2013
Great Doctor!!!
I have been to Dr LaRue several time and he is the first doctor that I have been to in twenty years or more that will spend however long it takes with you to listen to what you have to say so that he can try and properly diagnose your problem. Dr's just don't have time to listen to you any more, but Dr LaRue does and he truly wants to help you. I give him four stars and more. He is a great doctor!

February 17th, 2013
Doesn't do his job
My first experience was when I went to see Dr. LaRue for a prostrate exam. Once I arrived the wait was extensive. Finally I was assigned an exam room, told to remove all of my clothing and don a paper gown. After another lengthy and uncomfortably cold wait, he finally came in the room and spent 5 minutes explaining why he was not going to perform the exam. So I took time off from my very important job, made to wait for what seemed an eternity just to be told that the exam was a useless exercise. What doctor does that?!? Later I was diagnosed with high blood pressure. The prescription he gave me was ineffective. So I called his office and told them. I was instructed to take more. After a few weeks I called and said it was still ineffective. I was told to keep taking it. After another month of my blood pressure not dropping I came off the medicine on my own. As a result of my high blood pressure I experienced a retinal vein occlusion and lost most of the sight in my left eye. Another doctor prescribed me a different blood pressure medicine and my blood pressure was almost normal within 24 hours. I feel that I lost sight in my left eye becaus of his indifference to his recommendation to an ineffective blood pressure prescription.

January 25th, 2013
I have seen this doctor on 3 occasions. I enjoy his detailed conversations and his bedside manner. Even if I am on time/early I still have a long wait in the room alone. I would rather they leave me in the waiting room instead of the room itself. They (The staff) do not coordinate well with him. They leave call us messages instead of telling me what they are calling about and don't schedule follow up appointments, I did say “You can Leave a Detailed message” multiple times. When you call them back they are never available. Speaking of following up if nothing is off they have the audacity of asking, are you still suffering from this ailment? They focus on what they think it is, treat that and if not then a new cycle of what’s wrong, treat it this way. Works well for weight loss, bad for heart conditions. Not I really do trust this man and find him to be a great doctor, its his staff, maybe all a bit to new to the whole internal medicine. Even with the above issues, I would recommend this Doctor, his no fluff bedside manner, and detailed conversations are great assists to those who need a doctor who does more than a yearly physical.

September 20th, 2012
My first visit to Dr. LaRue went very well. He took the time to explain, in detail, my overall health. Dr. LaRue was thorough with the examination and willing to answer my questions. I feel I found a good doctor in my new neighborhood.

June 25th, 2012
Not happy
Dr. LaRue just doesn't make the cut. I went for certain problems. None have been resolved. He makes more guesses then diagnoses. After 6 months of DR visits, co-pays and referals. I am disgusted with his lack of concern, lack of knowledge, poor follow ups and the fact he CAN NOT do his job.