A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Lax:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Lax is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Lax, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Barrett Esophagus
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Diseases
- Peptic Ulcer
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Viral Human Hepatitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Lax graduated from New York University. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Lax has 9 hospital affiliations:
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
- Lenox Hill Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James David Lax MD is a male Internist, has 30 years of experience and practices in Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. James D. Lax practice?
- Dr. James Lax has 6 office locations.
Dr. James Lax practices Gastroenterology near New York, NY.
See New York Gastroenterologists.