Dr. James Leiphart MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

October 12th, 2015
support staff professionalism lacking
this review is about his office, not the physician but unfortunately, his assistant affects his practice and patient ease/satisfaction. I called several times to make appointments but did not receive call back. Finally I got a call back after 3rd or 4th attempt in a period of 2 weeks. I made an appointment for a baclofen pump refill for my father and waited several weeks only to get a call 2 days prior to the scheduled appointment that she mistakenly made the appt not realizing the Dr does not do refills and thats what we were waiting for. After all this time of waiting, to wait to the last minute to say we cant be seen and then trying to turn it on me that I didnt explain it properly. I am a physician myself so there is no mistaking that I requested a baclofen pump refill, not replacement and not placement, REFILL. So frustrating. The physician may be amazing but I certainly wont refer patients due to the support staff issues.

March 18th, 2013
Mrs
Dr Leiphart is a wonderful suregon. When I was awaken in recovery after 9 hours on the table, Dr Leiphart was standing buy my bed. He was very concerned about me and did a wonderful job with my surgery. If I had not found him I would be paralyzed today, instead I am leading an active life. In fact he has done two surgeries on me and if I ever need another I will find him where ever he is.

November 3rd, 2011
Beware of paralysis after surgery by Dr. Leiphart
My surgery by Dr. Leiphart ended up in paralysis. It turns out I am not the only one. Beware and don't let this happen to you. It will ruin your life forever.

October 10th, 2011
Great Surgeon!
Dr. Leiphart is awesome. I'm not really worried about how much time he spent with me, or my wait time. This guy fixed me. It's been 5 years now and I'm still grateful for having found him. I have referred family and friends to him in the past and will continue to do so.

May 5th, 2011
Use anyone else EXCEPT Leiphart
Had surgery on Friday, I told him in advance that pain management will be an issue for me. He swore it would be just fine. He LIED!. Still haven't as much as talked to him! He never even asked how I was. No phone calls, no visit. Won't address my pain issues. HORRIBLE! This is a nightmare for me! He won't even ask WHY I am having so much pain, Won't ask where it is originating, DOESN'T CARE. He only cares that you have good insurance. The Medical community is always hurt by quacks like this. I am so sorry I ever went to him. Don't make my mistake!

April 2nd, 2011
Little concern After Surgery
It is too hard getting in touch with Dr. Leiphart and after surgery you don't get to see him but his NP who doesn't diplay a lot of concern. What ever happen to a Dr following up with a patient after a surgery to see how they're progressing?

February 11th, 2010
Reliable and Competent Neurosurgeon
Dr. Leiphart treated my mother in 2009 and we found him to be a very competent and knowledgeable neurosurgeon. We sought him out because we had heard that he was one of the best in the DC-VA area. He took the time to explain what my mother was going to go through before and after her procedure. We had complete confidence and trust in his skills as a surgeon.

September 10th, 2009
The Best of the Best!
Dr. Leiphart has been my neurosurgeon for 4 years now, and he is amazing I refuse to have another neurosurgeon for any reason at all. He is very professional and overall a wonderful Doctor he is concerned about your health and will do what it takes to make sure you are medically healthy. I would recommend him to anyone! HE IS THE BEST!

September 6th, 2009
A Top Neurosurgeon
Dr. Leiphart was very competent and answered all my questions. He obsiously knew his business and successfully treated my me. I have been pain-free for 4 years.

August 12th, 2008
Outstanding Neurosurgeon
I highly recommend him to anyone needing spine/back surgery. He did an outstanding job on my cervical (neck) fusion at GW, was out of the hospital in less than 24 hours. He is extremely intelligent and has good bedside manner.