A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Lettera:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Lettera, Thoracic Surgeon, Vascular Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Lettera, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- Lung Cancer
- Varicose Veins
- Vascular Surgical Procedures
- Venous Insufficiency
Education & Awards
Dr. Lettera graduated from Georgetown University, Washington. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Lettera has 8 hospital affiliations:
- St Vincent's Medical Center
- Norwalk Hospital Association
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Lettera accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Anthem - 3 plans
- Americhoice - 3 plans
- Community Health Network of Connecticut - 2 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Humana - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Cigna - 7 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James Lettera practice?
Dr. James Lettera practices Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, Surgery, and Vascular Surgery near Fairfield, CT.
Additional practice locations include: Shelton, CT and Norwalk, CT.
See Fairfield Cardiothoracic Surgeons and Fairfield Surgeons.