Dr. James Levey Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Levey?

November 8th, 2015

I hold SMG in very high regard. I have never had an issue with any of its physicians. In my experience, Dr. Levey has a very peculiar bedside manner. He was a little too eager to do an unecessary breast exam and I found him to be extremely pushy. I would never allow my daughter or niece to see this doctor....his disposition made me feel very uncomfortable.

January 29th, 2014

Mother of 2

Dr. Level has successfully seen me through 2 pregnancies delivering my children via Caesarian . He has always been courteous and patient with me and his staff is awesome. It may seem like he rushes through office visits but he always tried to respond to my concerns immediately when brought to his attention. I'm very comfortable with him and his staff.

January 7th, 2009

Cervical Biopsy gone horribly wrong!

I have had many good experiences with other doctors at Summit Medical Group. Unfortunately, it wasn't the case with Dr. Levey. He proceeded to do a cervical biopsy without even telling me the procedure and it was pretty scary considering the tools he was using! He assumed I had HPV because of my age when of course, it turned out I didn't and the pap smear had came back with false results. He then cut me during the biopsy and while I bled there on the table, HE began to PANIC. I do not exaggerate when I say he said "I have never seen this much blood before." I laid there for almost 30 mins. while he frantically went about stopping the bleeding asking me questions as to whether I had taken aspirin or if I bleed a lot (I said No to both questions) I could tell he was worried, and I thought I'd have to go to the ER. In the end I was fine, but his bedside manner was awful and he was not kind, but judgmental. When I began to cry he put his arm on my shoulder, and I was horrified because the last thing I wanted was for him to touch me. I tell friends and family about my horrible experience. Please do not go to him. I wouldn't want this to happen to someone else.

August 17th, 2016