inactive

James Linford MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

July 20th, 2015
Horrible Doctor
After starting a new chemo drug, I had extreme weakness, fatigue, and shortness of breath. The on-call Oncologist told me to visit the BR General ER - Bluebonnet to be checked out. Upon arrival, I was taken back very quickly and had an EKG, an x-ray, and blood work done within 30 minutes; however, it took 3.5 hours for me to see the doctor. This ER doctor stood there and told me that he knew nothing about chemo drugs! The nurse told me that everything looked good, and that the doctor would be in to let me go home. When the doctor finally did come in, he said that I had Atrial Fibrillation. He gave me enough meds to get me through Monday (I went in on a Saturday afternoon) and said that a cardiologist would be calling Monday morning to schedule a follow-up appt. On Monday at Noon, after hearing nothing from the cardiologist, I called the cardiologist's office...that's when I learned that none of my info had been sent to his office (he had no idea that his office was supposed to call me). This is a VERY unprofessional "doctor," who truly couldn't care less about his ER patients. I will be filing a complaint with the BR General and with CMS. I will also be letting my Oncologist know about the experience I had. Pathetic!

November 24th, 2009
Try to avoid this doctor at all cost!!!!!
I went to the ER at Baton Rouge General @Bluebonnet w/abdominal pain.I had gone 3 days before to the same ER and had a full work up by another MD who was very caring and was told to come back to the ER if the pain continued and /or got worse so I went back and was "seen" by Dr.Linford. All he did was a urine test to see if I was pregnant and did not do anything else...no bloodwork,no x-ray ,no ct-scan...NOTHING! He told me that the ER was not a pain management clinic and that there wasn't anything that he could do to help me.He told me to take tylenol and advil for the abdominal pain and to make an appt. with my personal physician. A month and a half later I was diagnosed with endometriosis and endometriomas(tumors filled with endometriosis)in my abdomen.I had to have a hysterectomy because I was bleeding so much.Had he done a ct-scan or x-ray maybe they could have caught it before I had to have the hysterectomy. He has the worst bedside manner of any doctor I have ever encountered!!! Avoid him at all cost!!!