Dr. James Lipstate Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Lipstate?

COPD

COPD

Have you seen Dr. James Lipstate?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 26th, 2016

Fibromyalgia - So happy to know finally a physician believes!

I'm attempting to get in contact with Dr. Lipstate's Office but it has been busy. So I dialed "0" to find out the problem with the phone lines. I was told the circuits were down thus the reason for the problem. My son has been having Fibromyalgia symptoms for so long that it has basically driven him over the edge. Finding a physician that believes in this illness is next to zero. After reading the one guy's complaint, it turned it into a positive instead of a negative. I will keep trying to get a hold to this physician in order for my son to get an appointment with him.

May 24th, 2015

Good review

As stated there was hardly a wait time. The doctor was prompt and very kind. I would recommend without hesitation

May 5th, 2015

Despite the fact that Rheumatologists here in Lafayette are few and far between and difficult to get for your case, once you do Dr. Lipstate is a personable, intelligent and caring person, as is his staff and if you are searching for a doctor he surely is worthy of your highest consideration.

March 29th, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Lipstate for over 5 years now. He listens, has compassion and works with patients to find out what is going on with them. Every time I have seen him, he checks my joints, range of motion, reflexes and strength. He is never dismissive of my symptoms. Even though I don't always want to hear what he tells me (new diagnosis, etc.), he has been a wonderful doctor for me.

April 9th, 2012

Seen him multiple times and he's never even examined me

For the past few years I've been having some elevated inflammation tests and symptoms of muscle and joint pain and weakness and low grade fevers off and on, as well as swelling and a number of other symptoms. My primary care doctor referred me to him and said I should ask him to test me for some things and do some imaging tests of the affected areas. When I went to see him, he was a very pleasant man, however, he did not even examine me on the examining table. That was the first time he was seeing me as a patient, and he did not even do a thorough examination of me. That is the first time that has ever happened. Every other rheumatologist I have ever been to over the past several years has given me a thorough examination on the examination table. He only had me sit in a chair fully clothed and, while I was seated, he did a few minor things like checking my reflexes, pressing on the back of my shoulders and neck, checking my hands, raising my arms once in front of me, and that was about it. I told him my symptoms and even showed him the inflammation test results, and he was very dismissive. He simply said that fibromyalgia was the cause of everything I had been experiencing. The problem with that diagnosis is that fibromyalgia is "not" an inflammatory disease nor is it detectable on imaging or lab tests. I've regularly had elevated inflammation tests (ESR, CRP and others) for a number of years as well as low grade fevers, swelling and other symptoms -- which you also do not get with fibromyalgia. Also, my other symptoms just do not match up with fibromyalgia either, and a number of other doctors have told me they do not think I have fibromyalgia, but some type of inflammatory condition. However, he refuses to test for any other conditions or do any imaging tests to see what might be causing my symptoms and abnormal lab tests. I've been back to see him a few times and he still has never examined me on an examining table. He's only had me sit in a chair fully clothed. Even if I do have fibromyalgia, how would he know for sure, since he did not even do a fibromyalgia exam, which involves pressing firmly (till knuckles turn white) on 18 different pressure points all over your body. He never did this. Moreover, he did not even test my joints or anything to see if I might have arthritis. What good is he if he doesn't even examine you or test you to see what is causing your symptoms?

October 11th, 2010

Great Front Office Staff!!!

I have been going to Dr. Lipstate for about 6 years now. he is a great doctor, and would not want to see another ever. It starts when you walk in the door. His receptionist always have a smile on their face and a great attitude. So if you come in a bad mood you will feel much better when you leave. I have been very ugle to them several times, and one girl in particular her name is Brandi held her tone and manner with grace. I was very pleased and calmed down by the time I was called back for my apt!!! I only wish all my doctors offices had great front workers like her. They are very luck to have her. If Brandi were ever to need a job, i would defintly want to call her first. Great work Brandi!

April 9th, 2010

Great Doctor and Staff

I have been going to Dr. Lipstate for about 10 years. He is an excellent doctor with a great bedside manner. He never makes me feel rushed and he answers all of my questions. I had some tests that came back abnormal last year and he called me after hours and stayed on the phone with me for about 20-30 minutes reviewing the tests. He could have waited or had his staff call for to set up an appointment. After hurricane Katrina my mother was staying with me and needed to do her regular bloodwork b/c of her medical conditions. Dr. Lipstate made sure she had her bloodwork done and it was done in a very timely manner. If you or a family member need a rheumatologist I would use Dr. Lipstate.

September 7th, 2017