Dr. James Lisi MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 15th, 2016
Excellent care
This was my first time seeing Dr Lisi. I was very impressed with the professionalism of his receptionist. She was very nice. Dr lisi was very professional patient and kind, He explained everything in detail and listened to all of my questions. Once I left his office I was very happy with the out come of my appointment. I would refer my family and friends to Dr Lisi. Keep up the good work Dr Lisi.

October 28th, 2015
Before I could make an appointment with him, I had to drive to his office and show them my insurance card, id and a l ist of my medications. I have never had to do this before. The girl on the phone was very rude. As for Dr. Lisi himself he is an excellent doctor.

September 16th, 2013
Very disappointed with my entire experience with this doctor and his staff. After my initial appointment which took 2 months to get in to, two procedures, and three prescriptions later, I am still in the same amount of discomfort as I was before. No follow through from the doc and the office staff seems clueless. Doctor is pleasant to speak with, but very hard to get in to see or receive a return phone call from. I was having problems after my procedure and it took three phone calls from me and 7 entire days to get an answer from the doctor as to what I should do. Giving him one more chance or I'll be looking for a new doctor.

July 25th, 2011
Wonderful doctor. Compassionate and dedicated. Very detail oriented. It is extremely hard to get an appointment in a short period of time because he is the best on the West side of Cleveland. Other physicians respect his judgement and ability as well.I would ignore the unfounded sour grapes evaluations above particularily since all three have same spelling problems.

August 6th, 2010
I have faith in Dr. Lisi and his training. Had Endoscopy & Colonoscopy done. Will be meeting with him for a follow-up procedure.

February 16th, 2010
MOST DEDICATED GASTROENTEROLOGIST
Dr. Lisi is the most compassionate, hard working dedicated physician I know. I have been his patient for years diagnosed with Crohn's Disease years ago missed at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation for a number of years. I am doing the best I have because of him. He is the busiest gastroenterologist on the West Side and not by coincidence but rather out of pure demand in the sea of many other gastroenterologists in the area. Unfortunately it is not easy to see him in his office because of his demand in the hospital at EMH Regional Medical Center where he has been practicing out of since 1994. His commitment is second to none working 7 days a week with the dedication to see patients even on Sundays which he has been doing for over 7 years. More importantly, Dr. Lisi is law-suit free in over 20 years of practice; this is a testimony to his commitment to all of his patients which is essentially unheard of in this day of litiginous assault of physicians. I have nothing but praise for this "Most Dedicated Gastroenterologist"

September 9th, 2009
VERY UPSET
I went to Dr. Lisi with stomach issues and was told I had IBS he did the scopes on me and took out 17 palups 16 weeks agoI was told he would get my results back in two weeks. Since then I have had surgery for hemroids (severe) that I didn't have before the scope. He has not called me with results and his nursers are the rudest people I have ever spoke to. My appointment finally arrived it was supposed to be next week and I called to find out what time and was told the doctor won't be in that day and it will be months before he can give me another appointment. This is the worst I have ever been treated. I am down to a size zero in clothes I have 3 children and my health is horrible. He told me I have Irritable Bowel and is giving me medicine to treat Chrones.

November 14th, 2008
worst GI experience
I went to Dr. Lisi with a family history of Crohn's and he assured me, even after doing scopes, that I did not have Crohn's . I was given antacids and sent home. when I returned b/c the quick fix didn't work I was told to go to my primary care on a weekly basis and get weighed (indicating that I was bulimic). When I followed up with my primary care I was loosing 1-2 lbs. per day and Dr. Lisi would not return my doctor's phone calls. By the way...I went to another doctor and was diagnosed with Crohn's very quickly and had to stay in the hospital for a week to recuperate.