A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Livesay:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Livesay is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Livesay
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Livesay Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Livesay, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Arterial Occlusive Diseases
- Arteriosclerosis (Arterial Disease)
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Disease
- Myocardial Infarction
- Pathologic Constriction
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Vascular Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Livesay graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Livesay has 7 hospital affiliations:
- St Luke's Episcopal Hospital
- University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James J Livesay MD is a male Surgeon, has 39 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James J. Livesay practice?
- Dr. James Livesay has 2 office locations.
Dr. James Livesay practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Houston, TX.
See Houston Surgeons and Houston Cardiothoracic Surgeons.