A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Loyd:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Loyd is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Loyd
Influenza Patient Education Learn all about influenza and common symptoms of the flu as well as treating this type of viral infection.Before Visiting Dr. Loyd Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Loyd, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Interstitial Lung Diseases
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Diseases
- Lung Transplantation
- Mediastinal Diseases
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonary Veno-Occlusive Disease
Education & Awards
Dr. Loyd graduated from West Virginia University, Morgantown. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Loyd has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Vanderbilt University Hospital
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Loyd MD is a male Internist, has 38 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Critical Care Medicine.
- Where does Dr. James Loyd practice?
- Dr. James Loyd has 2 office locations.
Dr. James Loyd practices Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Critical Care Medicine near Nashville, TN.
See Nashville Internists, Nashville Pulmonologists, and Nashville Critical Care Practitioners.