Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon, Surgical Specialist, Dentist

2.5

Quick and easy! show details Quick and easy!
by Jessica on Jun 29th, 2015

I went to Dr. Lucente a few months back with my brother to have our wisdom teeth removed. Within minutes of walking in the door they already had us in the back explaining our procedures to us! Everything went very smoothly!

Highly recommended for wisdom teeth extractions! show details Highly recommended for wisdom teeth extractions!
by Mindy on Jun 26th, 2015

Dr. Lucente and staff care about you as an individual and take the time to hear your needs. I went here for a very difficult wisdom teeth extraction (5 teeth!). Who knew I had 5! It runs in my family to have serious complications with our wisdom teeth. Our teeth grow deep in our head and we have small mouths. My father had them out when he was around my age and was crying in bed and out of work for 3 weeks. My brother had the same problem and missed four weeks of work when he used his local dentist for extraction. Given this info I wanted to ensure that I went to a place that would take this into account. Day of Surgery: The front desk staff had me fill out my paperwork and had me back on the table within 15 minutes! I remembered being disappointed that I couldn't sit and play games on my iPhone. I get very little downtime with what I do. They made sure I was comfortable. Dr. Lucente respects your time and sticks to the schedule so your loved ones aren't stuck waiting for hours. He had me answer a question and before I could finish I was out like a light. I woke up shortly after with some gauze in my mouth feeling better-than-ever! (probably a little to do with the happy drugs) The estimate they gave me was the same as all the other places I had spoken to. I think that the cost is pretty much the same across DFW. I also believe you get what you pay for so if you found someone giving it to you for half of the cost you're probably going to missing a piece of your jaw along with 4 weeks of work (like my brother when he went to a different place). I appreciated the office being open and honest with me when I had questions about insurance and my co-pay. I'm so glad I got them taken care of. Dr. Lucente said the surgery would be very simple and easy, and he was right!!. The only complication I had was that I had to eat pudding that day (which I don't really care for). But hey, not a bad problem to have! I was eating somewhat-solid foods within 24 hours. Mashed potatoes, soups etc. Fast forward after the surgery. I didn't have any open wounds. He was able to give me stitches and I had very little bleeding. I haven't felt any other pain or discomfort since the removal! I have referred several people to this office and they had very good results too! I am proud to have this office in my rolodex as it makes me look good to my friends for referring them to such a good place. Day of the surgery, My Step-Dad took me to the appointment and waited for me in the waiting room. It didn't take very long so he was happy too! After the surgery, I was given instructions on how to wash my mouth and what I could eat. My family held me accountable. Since I didn't have any pain and very little swelling they had to remind me that I couldn't have some of my favorite foods yet. I didn't have to call for follow-up. I healed up nicely and have gone on with my life! I highly recommend Dr. Lucente and his team!

damaged nerve by this maniac show details damaged nerve by this maniac
by John Makkey on Jun 10th, 2014

This Doctor, which i am hesitating calling him a doctor is a thief!!!! DO NOT BE FULLED with the 5 stars left for him by his friends.. He broke my jaw, and messed up my nerve, Now I cant feel half of my face because of him. he is mean, 2 face and does not know a thing about morality. do yourself a favor and mark him red, that is if you do not want to end up like me!!!!

Doctor's Response

Unfortunately, I believe that you have the wrong practice as our practice does not show a John Makkey in our system at any time during our 10 years in practice. Our office has never had a patient with a broken jaw caused by treatment. The reviewer claims that the doctor is a thief, but then complains that the doctor created harm. These are contradictory statements. We believe that this review was placed in error or in a slanderous fashion. We will contact Vitals.com to see about removal.

Stay Away show details Stay Away
Jul 3rd, 2013

I went in for routine work. The office was dirty and unclean. The staff was rude. I waited for over a hour before I was seen. The Dr. didn't know what he was doing. Suggested over $3000 worth of work. I got a second opinion and only ended up paying $700. Stay away he is a scam artist.