Surgeons, Dentist

1705 Fountainview Dr
Ste 103
Mansfield, TX 76063
817-453-4404
Locations and availability (4)

1.0

|  damaged nerve by this maniac  |  show details
by John Makkey on Jun 10th, 2014

This Doctor, which i am hesitating calling him a doctor is a thief!!!! DO NOT BE FULLED with the 5 stars left for him by his friends.. He broke my jaw, and messed up my nerve, Now I cant feel half of my face because of him. he is mean, 2 face and does not know a thing about morality. do yourself a favor and mark him red, that is if you do not want to end up like me!!!!

|  Metroplex Oral and Facial Scammers  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2013

I went here for a wisdom teeth extraction (3 fully erupt teeth). The estimate they gave me was high ($1100). I was in pain so I didn't think to check the physician reviews here. I just needed help. I figured I am paying more for the "TLC". Dr. JRL said the surgery would be very simple and easy so I booked quickly. I asked about complications and he said that I would not have any due to such an easy case. Spent little time with me. Fast forward after the surgery. I have TMJ and also had a bone spur appear. My right ear hurts when I travel (flights) and also hurts when I do a lot of chewing (pizza, etc). I still have a swollen lymph node in my face that hasn't gone away. Initially the doctor told me they would take care of a bone spur (if the pain got worse) as it was a result of the surgery. I also confirmed this with two staff members. He changed his mind and decided to charge me for another procedure. I had to talk with the office and their final word was that they would charge insurance even though I had no benefits left! Dr stated if I waited until next year, I would have benefits again so I could come back then. They were very pursuant in taking my money the first time, but not very happy to finish their task completely. I had the bone spur removed at a local dentist for $200. It took literally 25 minutes. After speaking to local physicians, I realized they mis-coded the surgery. I got a 3rd-party company involved due to the billing and coding errors. They contacted me 3 months after surgery and said I had an unpaid balance. They said that I still owed another $100. I visited their office 3 times after the surgery and none of those times did they notify me of this. Afraid of it going to collections, I paid immediately. In hindsight, I realized they never filed a pre-determination with my insurance company. They printed form they gave me was an estimate from their office, not my insurance. Other points: Day of the surgery, I was told that my payment amount increased. This is minutes before my surgery and they asked "Do you still want to go through with it?" -- This is after I and my GF took the day off. Why didn't they call the day before when I could've made appropriate changes had I decided not to? After the surgery, I was given instructions in Spanish. I had to make a follow-up appointment myself - they did not schedule one. I called the office several times due to the pain I was having. I wanted to speak to the nurse, but the receptionist would discourage me and say things like "You know pain is normal?" I was reading the "waiver" form before the surgery and I was rushed into the room. I signed the form in the OR room instead of the reception area. They were in a rush to get it over with. I didn't get to read it thoroughly. The doctor is too forceful with his opinions and spends little time with patients. He needs to show more sincere and compassion towards his patients and also staff. After you've paid the bills, he doesn't want anything to do with you.

|  show details
Jul 9th, 2013

My son was scheduled to have his 4 wisdom teeth removed by Dr. Mark Gregory at Metroplex Oral and Facial Surgery. When he was in the procedure room a doctor came in and without introducing himself he started giving my son an IV. I said "I don't recognize you, you're not my son's surgeon". He said "I'm Dr. Lucente and I am just as good as Dr. Gregory". He didn't say that he worked with him or that he was a partner with him. I had to drag those answers out of him. He was very cocky. Once home with my son I called the office and spoke with the office manager Lindsey. She was VERY negative with me when I told her I thought they should have let me know a diff doctor would be operating on my son. She said they switch doctors without consent anytime they want and that it was my fault for not stopping it. When I tried to show her my point of view she got VERY hateful with me and wouldn't even let me talk at all. I was shocked and surprised by her temper especially when she hung up on me.

|  Stay Away  |  show details
Jul 3rd, 2013

I went in for routine work. The office was dirty and unclean. The staff was rude. I waited for over a hour before I was seen. The Dr. didn't know what he was doing. Suggested over $3000 worth of work. I got a second opinion and only ended up paying $700. Stay away he is a scam artist.