A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Alexander:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Alexander is Poor.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Alexander
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Alexander Learn More
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Alexander graduated from UMDNJ, Newark.
Dr. Alexander has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Bridgeport Hospital
- St Vincent's Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Maurice Alexander MD is a male Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist, has 49 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, and Geriatric Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. James M. Alexander practice?
- Dr. James Alexander has 1 office location.
Dr. James Alexander practices Psychiatry, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, and Geriatric Psychiatry near Fairfield, CT.
See Fairfield Psychiatrists and Fairfield Geriatric Doctors.