A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Atkins:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Atkins, Internist, Nuclear Medicine, Otolaryngologist is Poor.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Atkins
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Atkins, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Cholesterol Management
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Atkins graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Atkins has 9 hospital affiliations:
- UT Southwestern University Hospital - Zale Lipshy
- Parkland Health & Hospital System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Michael Atkins MD is a male Internist, has 44 years of experience and practices in Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. James M. Atkins practice?
- Dr. James Atkins has 2 office locations.
Dr. James Atkins practices Cardiovascular Disease near Dallas, TX.
See Dallas Cardiologists.