A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Atkins:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Atkins, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Cholesterol Management
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Atkins graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Atkins has 9 hospital affiliations:
- UT Southwestern University Hospital - Zale Lipshy
- Parkland Health & Hospital System
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Atkins accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 12 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Cigna - 7 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James M. Atkins practice?
Dr. James Atkins practices Cardiovascular Disease near Dallas, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Boerne, TX.
See Dallas Cardiologists.