A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Atkins:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Atkins, Internist, Nuclear Medicine, Otolaryngologist is Poor.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Atkins
Coronary Heart Disease Patient Education Learn about coronary heart disease or CHD, and heart attack symptoms and prevention with our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Atkins Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Atkins, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Cholesterol Management
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Atkins graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Atkins has 9 hospital affiliations:
- UT Southwestern University Hospital - Zale Lipshy
- Parkland Health & Hospital System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Michael Atkins MD is a male Internist, has 45 years of experience and practices in Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. James M. Atkins practice?
- Dr. James Atkins has 2 office locations.
Dr. James Atkins practices Cardiovascular Disease near Dallas, TX.
See Dallas Cardiologists.