Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Austin
Dr. James Austin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Birmingham, AL, with other offices in Birmingham, AL and Birmingham, AL (and 6 other locations). He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Gynecologic Oncology and Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Austin is affiliated with UAB Hospital, Brookwood HospitalBirmingham, Al and Brookwood Medical Center. Dr. Austin has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. James Austin has the following 2 specialties
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar...
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment...
Dr. James Austin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.
Dr. Megan Poston
Obstetrics and Gynecology, Residency
Birmingham, AL 0 mi5
Dr. Deidre Gunn
Obstetrics and Gynecology
Birmingham, AL 0 mi3
Dr. Britt Erickson
Gynecologic Oncology, Obstetrics and Gynecology
Birmingham, AL 0 mi9