A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Barker:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Barker is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Barker, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Education & Awards
Dr. Barker graduated from University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minneapolis. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Barker has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Sioux Valley Hospital University Medical
- Avera Mckennan Hospital & University Health Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Barker accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Medica Health Plans - 15 plans
- DAKOTACARE - 1 plan
- Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 7 plans
- Humana - 9 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans