A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Bookout:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Bookout, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Education & Awards
Dr. Bookout graduated from University of Tennessee, Memphis.
Dr. Bookout has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Indian Path Medical Center
- Johnson City Medical Ctr
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Bookout accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 5 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee - 7 plans
- Bluegrass Family Health - 3 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan