A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Burke:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Burke is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Burke, MBBS, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Burke graduated from Sheffield University, Sheffield, England. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Burke has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Covenant Medical Center
- Covenant Children's Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Burke accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 4 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 7 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James M. Burke practice?
Dr. James Burke practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Lubbock, TX.
See Lubbock Surgeons.