A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Cummings:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Cummings
Deep Vein Thrombosis Patient Education Learn all about symptoms and treatments for deep vein thrombosis by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Cummings Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Cummings, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Cummings graduated from Loyola University Chicago, Maywood.
Dr. Cummings has 3 hospital affiliations:
- University Of Illinois Medical Center At Chicago
- Chicago Health Care System - West Side Div. - Jessie Brown Hospital
- Jesse Brown VA Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Cummings MD is a male Internist, has 44 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. James Cummings practice?
- Dr. James Cummings has 1 office location.
Dr. James Cummings practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Chicago, IL.
See Chicago Internists and Chicago Cardiologists.