Dr. James Halverson DO Patient Reviews

3.9
  • 5 reviews

December 15th, 2015
You will be happy to have Dr. Halverson as a doctor. He is very caring and takes the time out to listen to you. If you're looking for a family doctor , don't look anywhere else. Give him a try. You will love him! The staff is great!

March 13th, 2015
Was very nice when I first saw him....then I came back for a second visit it was like he was a different man. He was yelling at me and treating me as if I was nothing. By the time I left his office I was in tears and my heart was being out of my chest. I guess because he couldnt figure out what was wrong with me I dont know....but do not recommend him to anyone.

December 18th, 2013
Office has problems
Dr Halverson has a different kind of bedside manner. He's very direct. You might like that or you might not. But his lab tech is not professional at all. In my opinion, she does not know what she's doing, so do NOT get your blood work done here.

December 28th, 2010
I think Dr. Halverson is a caring, devoted and very competent physician. He worked in the emergency room for 12 years along with practicing family medicine so he is great at recognizing true urgent and emergent conditions but also understands preventative and holistic medicine due to his training in Family Medicine and being a graduate of an osteopathic medical school. I highly recommend him.

May 24th, 2010
After being a patient for 2 years with some major medical issues, he wouldn't take the time to look at my chart before entering the room to simply familiarize himself with me or my case. Considering I was there quite often, this was rather insulting. I wasn't asking him to know EVERYTHING but not to be surprised when just the week before I had "the most outrageous test results (he'd) ever seen". Or to remember that 2 days prior (literally) he'd diagnosed me with diabetes. In the 2 years I'd been there I'd never asked for pain medication. I began having nerve pain and asked him for something to get me through until my appt with a neurologist. Without hesitating or asking he prescribed me the one medication that was in my chart from 2 YEARS ago that I had problems taking. He wouldn't listen to me and said if I was unhappy I could see someone else. I couldn't believe it. One of the nurses called me and couldn't believe it either and saw that it was clearly in my chart from when I first started going there but he didn't look or want to. He was treating me like a drug seeker when, clearly, in my chart I'd NEVER asked for any sort of pain medication. Sorry, I feel nerve pain warrants it when you're not doing anything else about it and when I'm having to wait on a referral and then an appointment on top of it. Would I recommend this doctor? Absolutely not, not if you want to have a decent repore with your physician and not be afraid to ask for something when you know you need it. We know our bodies better then anyone and guaranteed if their family member (or them for that matter) were in fairly severe pain...they'd most likely do something to alleviate it.