Dr. James Hill MD Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

July 26th, 2017
Dr Hill Is an excellent professional. I have sought his services for surgeries including knees and shoulders. In all cases I have been completely satisfied.

May 23rd, 2017
Shoulder replacement
Excellent surgeon

May 17th, 2017
Great surgeon!
Doing great after Dr. Hill performed hip surgery-absolutely no pain after 3 months & able to walk & move freely again. Prior to surgery, everything was explained clearly & all questions & concerns were addressed-made going into surgery so much easier & put my mind at ease.

March 14th, 2017
Rotator cuff
Was told prior to surgery I would regain full motion and strength.Had surgery in Oct.2016 and now March 14,2017 am fine with full range of motion. Thanks to Dr. Hill and his Pa Kate Florentino I am able to do everything I used to.

August 23rd, 2016
Prosthetic shoulder replacement recipient
Complete competency, himself and full staff. Procedure and recovery a good experience.

August 14th, 2016
Absolutely Trust this Doctor
Dr. Hill has been my orthopedic surgeon for 17 years and has handled medical problems I have had from my neck down to my feet. I have always been completely satisfied with the care Dr. Hill has taken with my medical problems. Dr. Hill recently performed a partial replacement of one of my knees and I am delighted with this surgery. It was completely successful. I have always been very satisfied with all aspects of attention I have received from Dr. Hill and his staff. If there is a wait time I am willing to wait for this doctor, because I know he will spend quality time with me during my appointment and if I am waiting I am sure he is spending quality time with the patients before me. So I do not consider promptness to be an issue. Dr. Hill does not make me wait any longer than other doctors. I have always found Dr. Hill to be courteous and considerate.

July 17th, 2016
Dr. Hill is an excellent surgeon. I've had both rotator cuffs repaired by him with great results. However, other aspects of Dr. Hill leave much to be desired. My first visit, I waited over 2 hours before seeing him. On later visits, I scheduled the 1st appointment after lunch or in the morning, but still waited 25 to 40 minutes with no apology or reason for the wait. Some of these appointments lasted literally less than five minutes with the doctor. Although he is a very competent surgeon and will address any medical concerns, he seems to have no regard for his patients' time.

March 30th, 2016
angry patient
This was my fifth surgery with Dr.Hill and was always pleased until my recent meniscus repair. Boy, has he changed.!!! I never saw him for my post op apt, PA gave me a script for therapy, physical therapists tried but never had the correct diagnos. I was in pain and did not recover, and when I asked why, was told "I don't know" repeatedly. At my last appt. was told all my problems were associated with arthritis, even tho I never had arthritic pain prior to surgery. He told me x-ray and MRI would show nothing. Totally wrong. He just wanted to inject chemiicals into my knee without listening to me or trying. to diagnose further. Eventually I saw someone else, who did x ray and MRI, I have an osteochondral defect which will worsen and now need a partial knee replacement. meanwhile, over the last nine months I have been walking in pain, and worsening the situation. He could have seen the defect had he looked during the meniscal surgery but was not interested apparently. Was also not interested in informing the physical therapists what had been done so they could help me. I obtained my records and saw multiple errors written including a report on my opposite leg that was totally unrelated to the current problem. Stay away from this guy, his skill and ability to listen have left him and now I need a knee replacement.due to his refusal to take the time to correctly diagnose. I find this disturbing as have been his patient for years.

January 10th, 2016
Excellent Doctor!

November 24th, 2015
Exceptional Skill & Extensive Experience
In the winter of 2014 I experienced severe shoulder pain after shoveling snow in one of Chicago’s winter storms. My family doctor suspected I tore my rotator cuff and he specifically recommended that I see Dr. James M. Hill, M.D. at the Illinois Bone and Joint Institute, Arlington Heights, Illinois. He told me that Dr. Hill has an extremely high correction success rate for rotator cuff injuries. A few weeks later, I met with Dr. Hill who conducted a very thorough examination and reviewed my MRI. He was very straightforward and diagnosed that I needed surgery to repair the tear as soon as possible. He explained in detail why the severity of the tear precluded any option other than surgery, and also explained the consequence of waiting to have surgery later on. If I waited too long, I would eventually lose arm strength and movement which would be irreparable. Dr. Hill very candidly told me that he could not guarantee 100% success; but that total success depended on what would be encountered during the actual surgery. I appreciated his honesty in providing me with this information as well as the follow-up care that would be necessary during the recovery period. I consulted another physician who confirmed Dr. Hill’s diagnoses. Because this is an extremely delicate surgery, and Dr. Hill has extensive experience and skill in performing this type of operation with a very high success rate, I chose Dr. Hill to repair my rotator cuff. I am extremely pleased that I did. I had a 100% successful outcome due in major part to the extreme care that Dr. Hill exercises during surgery and the very specific follow-up therapy that Dr. Hill prescribed. You will find Dr. Hill to be a no-nonsense upfront doctor. He will explain in detail your condition. He never was in a hurry at any of my office visits. He will answer any and all of your questions. If he is running behind in his scheduled appointments, it is due to the fact he is giving other patients the same detailed office visit you will receive when he enters your examining room. His office very courteously posts at the reception desk if your appointment might be delayed; you can also call ahead to check if his appointments are running on schedule, and therefore adjust your schedule accordingly. I highly recommend Dr. Hill for his professionalism, exceptional skill, extensive experience and honest bedside manner.

October 20th, 2015
Excellent Care and Customer Service
Dr Hill and all his staff are extremely competent yet take the time to listen and be compassionate in their care EVERY SINGLE TIME I have been to see them.

October 20th, 2015
Excellent Knee Surgeon
Both knees have been replaced by Dr Hill; the most recent one being in Oct 2014. Both surgeries were a total success as I am pain free. I can walk the golf course, do stairs and bicycle again. I couldn't be happier with the results. Some visits may take a while to complete, but you cannot rush quality. Thank you Dr Hill!