Dr. James Houser MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 29th, 2016
I've been a patient of Dr. Houser for 17 years and he hasn't missed a beat since my very first appointment. Never disappointed with this guy and best medical treatment you can imagine.

June 28th, 2016
We want to thank Dr. Houser. He is very patient and tries to make sure he covers all aspects of the patients condition.... And more! My Dad can be very quiet and reserved about his condition and tends to hide things.. Dr. Houser goes out of his way to work with daddy to make sure he is getting the treatment that is best for his condition.. And is very patient and understanding with me as well... He makes me feel that No question or theory I have is ridiculous... He understands I just want my dad to be able to feel the best that he can. I truly feel that is what Dr. Houser wants too! It is nice to know my dad is not just another file number.. Thank you Dr. Houser - you are truly appreciated!

May 31st, 2016
Highly recommended
I have been to Dr. Houser probably 4-5 times thus far and every time I have had a visit he is on time. I am never made to wait. Very unusual these days. Your time is as valuable as his. Dr. Houser spends a lot of time with me trying to answer all my questions. I never feel rushed. He is very compassionate in trying to find a solution to my pain. It took me over 40 years to find a doctor who believes what I share with him and goes the the extra mile.

March 12th, 2016
Best neurologist ever
I can't say enough amazing things about Dr. Houser. His staff was so kind from the moment I made my appointment. I walked in, the paperwork wasn't as overwhelming as I usually get when I'm a new patient and I was in the room within 20 minutes from the moment I arrived. Dr. Houser walked in within 5 minutes of me being in the room. Saying he was thorough is an understatement. He asked me so many questions, did several different physical tests and really dug deep to help me solve my problems. I left his office feeling completely confident in what he had to say and he was going to help me with any problem I had. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a neurologist. He is amazing and his staff is amazing too. Plus he looks like George Clooney and that's certainly a plus too :)

January 9th, 2016
We had an amazing experience! My mother felt very safe with him and he really listened to our concerns! I have never had such an educated neurologist! The very BEST!! Funny too!

June 8th, 2015
Haven't had a follow up yet.

March 17th, 2015
very disappointed
went to him with a concussion and neck and arm pain. he gave me a prescription, which made me sick, so I took less . I have had several symptoms which have lingered now for over 30 days. he has several reports with my symptoms and diagnosis, and now tells me that he cant help me, does not know what is wrong with me, and wants me to go back to work with all these symptoms. he acted very angry to me like I had said or done something awful to him. he must pick and choose the people he wants to treat. I feel he really does not know what he is doing. his bedside manner is terrible. he all but said he thought I was faking. when I told him I cut down on the meds, he actually got irritated with me. cant take medicine if it makes you feel worse. he works in such a rush, like he hasn't the time to give you. bet he likes those pay checks. I am starting to wonder if some of these doctors are on the take with the insurance companies. hope I can find a physician that will actually listen to me and maybe give me some physical therapy so I can start feeling better. too much negativity from him.

June 25th, 2013
One in a million
Incredibly thoughtful caring and extremely thorough in his examination Neurology is tricky and can be very frightening for a patient with symptoms.Dr Marty will put you at ease with kindness and good humor You can trust that what he is doing,even if its difficult testing ,that you will be in very good hands.I can't say enough positive things about my experience with him and his staff.everyone should be able to have access to a doctor like him.You are the most important thing when you are in his care.

August 3rd, 2011
Not recommended for cases that require investigation
Mind you...Dr. James "Marty" Houser has a disarming and polite bedside manner. And initially I felt as though he was interested and caring. However,with this case, he ultimately did not demonstrate thorough knowledge of the potential condition, did not demonstrate initiative to gain more knowledge of the condition, demonstrated stunted clinical reasoning,and did not elect to utilize standard methods to gain objective data to use to confirm or rule out the suspected diagnosis (which is a condition that REQUIRES, at minimum, several specific tests to fully investigate.I have since been definitively diagnosed WITH this conditon by another neurologist who listened to the symptoms, and indeed ran those particular tests) I was scared, humiliated and embarrassed as he complained to ME that he had no solid "objective" data on which to draw a conclusion, data that he chose NOT to pursue. He made me feel that it was MY fault he didn't have enough "objective" data, and MY fault that he didn't have a clue as to what going on. THIS in spite of an initial test result indicating further testing would be in order. He completely discounted reports of worstening symptoms and based his decision soley on my being able to complete a physical exam. Even though I reported that performing the exam was increasingly difficult, it didn't matter. He verbalized his reasoning for ruling out this condition...it was because I did not present in the most severe form of it! This condition can manifest symptoms from mild to severe. His "extreme" scenerio did not indicate full knowledge of the disease, nor a desire to research or increase his own understanding of the condition...and worse yet, didn't indicate a possibility that he could be wrong.I felt systematically humiliated and embarrassed me as he continued to *complain*...that all he had to go on was subjective reports, and how they weren't compatible with his "clinical" exam findings. Very dejected..I asked what else he thought it could be...he said he didn't know and suggested I increase the "rigor" of my exercise routine. That's right. The End. And he was very polite about it all the time.

April 7th, 2011
Very aloof
I was refered to Dr. Houser from family DR. He was very abrupt. I left feeling embarrassed that I went to him, and I was wasting his time. I am glad in his opinion I did not have what family Dr. sent me there for which he determined in two seconds. However his aloofness, and unwillingness to pursue other explanations was non-existent. I would never recommend Dr. Houser to anyone. Maybe another Dr. at the facility, the staff is excellent.

August 28th, 2010
Young man with old-fashioned bed side manners
One of a kind these days. Listens, follows up, returns your calls, really cares that you get better. Willing to refer to other docs and even gets you the appt.

June 16th, 2010
Dame good doctor. There are few and far between. This doctor is more than OK.