Neurologists

Neurology Clinic
64301 Highway 434
Lacombe, LA 70445
985-882-4500
Locations and availability (6)

3.0

|  One in a million  |  show details
by Trish Boucher on Jun 25th, 2013

Incredibly thoughtful caring and extremely thorough in his examination Neurology is tricky and can be very frightening for a patient with symptoms.Dr Marty will put you at ease with kindness and good humor You can trust that what he is doing,even if its difficult testing ,that you will be in very good hands.I can't say enough positive things about my experience with him and his staff.everyone should be able to have access to a doctor like him.You are the most important thing when you are in his care.

|  Not recommended for cases that require investigation  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2011

Mind you...Dr. James "Marty" Houser has a disarming and polite bedside manner. And initially I felt as though he was interested and caring. However,with this case, he ultimately did not demonstrate thorough knowledge of the potential condition, did not demonstrate initiative to gain more knowledge of the condition, demonstrated stunted clinical reasoning,and did not elect to utilize standard methods to gain objective data to use to confirm or rule out the suspected diagnosis (which is a condition that REQUIRES, at minimum, several specific tests to fully investigate.I have since been definitively diagnosed WITH this conditon by another neurologist who listened to the symptoms, and indeed ran those particular tests) I was scared, humiliated and embarrassed as he complained to ME that he had no solid "objective" data on which to draw a conclusion, data that he chose NOT to pursue. He made me feel that it was MY fault he didn't have enough "objective" data, and MY fault that he didn't have a clue as to what going on. THIS in spite of an initial test result indicating further testing would be in order. He completely discounted reports of worstening symptoms and based his decision soley on my being able to complete a physical exam. Even though I reported that performing the exam was increasingly difficult, it didn't matter. He verbalized his reasoning for ruling out this condition...it was because I did not present in the most severe form of it! This condition can manifest symptoms from mild to severe. His "extreme" scenerio did not indicate full knowledge of the disease, nor a desire to research or increase his own understanding of the condition...and worse yet, didn't indicate a possibility that he could be wrong.I felt systematically humiliated and embarrassed me as he continued to *complain*...that all he had to go on was subjective reports, and how they weren't compatible with his "clinical" exam findings. Very dejected..I asked what else he thought it could be...he said he didn't know and suggested I increase the "rigor" of my exercise routine. That's right. The End. And he was very polite about it all the time.

|  Very aloof  |  show details
Apr 7th, 2011

I was refered to Dr. Houser from family DR. He was very abrupt. I left feeling embarrassed that I went to him, and I was wasting his time. I am glad in his opinion I did not have what family Dr. sent me there for which he determined in two seconds. However his aloofness, and unwillingness to pursue other explanations was non-existent. I would never recommend Dr. Houser to anyone. Maybe another Dr. at the facility, the staff is excellent.

|  Young man with old-fashioned bed side manners  |  show details
by Extremely satisfied patient on Aug 28th, 2010

One of a kind these days. Listens, follows up, returns your calls, really cares that you get better. Willing to refer to other docs and even gets you the appt.

|  show details
Jun 16th, 2010

Dame good doctor. There are few and far between. This doctor is more than OK.

|  very good  |  show details
by dg on Jan 15th, 2010

he takes his time with you and will call you to check up on you. I have been helped very much by him.