Dr. James Kern MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Portland, OR

3.8

May 17th, 2013
My husband and I have been going to Dr. kern for 30 years. He is excellent at diagnosing conditions, is up on the latest medical research, and is not afraid to send us to a specialist when needed. I believe that he has saved my husband's life.

May 16th, 2010
uncaring, rushed, lazy.
always rushed. Makes me wait even more than one hour sometimes. His reception staff are RUDE!. I was asked to reschedule an appt for being 12 minutes late!! He doesn't want to examine me; does not want to order basic labs that are pertinent to my c/o and medical history. He actually holds the doorknob to gesture he is rushed and ready to leave within FIVE minutes. I've never had a provider like him. I also suspect he coached his medical assistant to knock on the door and tell me they need him so he can terminate the appointment sooner than supposed to. He then has nerve to bill me for a 40 minute visit! I am going to report him big time- to Providence, to the OR board of medical examiners and to whatever medical society he belongs to. I am a middle aged healthy male with few health issues; not a drug seeker and have no mental health problems of any kind. Yet he treats me as if I am scum. His bedside manner stinks. Maybe he is just getting old; he should consider retiring- SOON.