A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Nielsen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Nielsen is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Nielsen
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Nielsen Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Nielsen, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Contact lenses
- Laser Surgery
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Education & Awards
Dr. Nielsen graduated from New York Medical College, Valhalla. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Nielsen has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Morton Plant Hospital
- Mease Countryside Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James M Nielsen MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 43 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. James M. Nielsen practice?
- Dr. James Nielsen has 1 office location.
Dr. James Nielsen practices Ophthalmology near Clearwater, FL.
See Clearwater Ophthalmologists.