Dr. James Nielsen MD Patient Reviews

Amazing Doctor
Knowledgeable and interesting!

August 10th, 2016
Excellence
I first saw Dr, Nielsen 9 years ago when I had an eye emergency and had not yet found a doctor in the area. After being told by my mother's ophthalmologist that he would see me in two days and if I couldn't wait to go to an ER, a friend recommended Dr. Nielsen. I called and explained what happened and they told me to come over immediately. I was seen twice that day and two more times during the week. He was extremely competent, confident, accessible and thorough. He has continued to display this degree of excellence the nine years I have been his patient.

February 16th, 2016
The office was great after I checked in.
The check in and check out was horrific. The front desk person was rude, loud and obnoxious. The rest of the staff was unbelievably wonderful.

January 29th, 2016
I was pleasantly surprised. The staff and the doctor were excellent. Very knowledgeable, and courteous. Optician was very helpful.

November 14th, 2015
I was experiencing visual disturbances and also needed a routine eye exam for contact lenses. I had been experiencing double vision, eye lag and nystagmus for several months. I saw the actual ophthalmologist, Dr. Nielsen for all of 5 minutes. He barely did any kind of exam. After waiting in the office for over 45 minutes beyond my appointment time, I was finally taken back. There I was seen by some kind of technician who performed multiple tests and exams on my eyes. She seemed fairly uncertain as to what she was doing and kept having to ask for assistance from the other busy staff members. She also kept giving me inclinations that something was wrong with my exams and indicating I needed more tests to be completed. I kept getting moved from room to room so other patients could get into the room I was in. It felt like they were rotating among 5-6 patients at a given time and then the doctor would see the patient for the last 5 minutes of the appointment. When I saw the doctor, he looked into my eyes and said I was fine and I should see an ENT. Then he walked out. I was there for over an hour and a half. They never completed my routine eye exam for contact lenses. By the time I left, I over heard the front desk say they are an hour behind schedule and there were probably another 6 or 7 people waiting in the waiting area. I was very disappointed in the services I received. I followed up with another doctor and it turns out that the contacts I had been wearing were completely the wrong prescription. Now that I have the right prescription, I have had no further visual disturbances. Had Dr. Nielsen taken the time to do my exam, then maybe he could have come to the same conclusion. Needless to say, I will not be returning back.

May 1st, 2017