A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James O'Brien:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James O'Brien is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. O'Brien
Read all about venous thromboembolism symptoms and treatments by reading our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. O'Brien Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James O'Brien, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
Education & Awards
Dr. O'Brien graduated from The Ohio State University , Columbus.
Dr. O'Brien has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Grant Medical Center
- The Ohio State University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James M O'Brien MD is a male Internist, has 16 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- Where does Dr. James M. O'Brien practice?
- Dr. James O'Brien has 2 office locations.
Dr. James O'Brien practices Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease near Columbus, OH.
See Columbus Internists, Columbus Critical Care Practitioners, and Columbus Pulmonologists.