A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Schuster:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Schuster is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schuster
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Schuster Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Alzheimer’s Disease (Memory Loss)
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Schuster, MD, PHD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Arteriovenous Malformations
- Basal Ganglia Cerebrovascular Disease
- Brain Cancer
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Carotid Stenosis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Spinal Cord Compression
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Spinal Stenosis
- Vertebral Artery Dissection
Education & Awards
Dr. Schuster graduated from Duke University , Durham.
Dr. Schuster has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Hospital of the University of PA
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James M Schuster MD and PHD is a male Neurosurgeon, has 19 years of experience and practices in Neurological Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James M. Schuster practice?
- Dr. James Schuster has 1 office location.
Dr. James Schuster practices Neurological Surgery near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Neurological Surgeons.