A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Schuster:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Schuster is Average.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schuster
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Schuster Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Schuster, MD, PHD is board certified in Addiction Psychiatry, Geriatric Psychiatry, and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 30 areas:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Arteriovenous Malformations
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Auditory Tumor (Acoustic Neuroma)
- Basal Ganglia Cerebrovascular Disease
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Brain Aneurysm
- Brain Arteriovenous Malformation (Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformations)
- Brain Cancer
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Carotid Stenosis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Gamma Knife Surgery (Stereotactic Radiosurgery)
- Glial Cancer (Glioma)
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Schuster graduated from University of Louisville .
Dr. Schuster has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Allegheny General Hospital
- Clinical Practices of the University of Pennsylvania
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Morton Schuster MD and PHD is a male Psychiatrist, has 27 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry, Addiction Psychiatry, and Geriatric Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. James M. Schuster practice?
- Dr. James Schuster has 1 office location.
Dr. James Schuster practices Psychiatry, Addiction Psychiatry, and Geriatric Psychiatry near Pittsburgh, PA.
See Pittsburgh Psychiatrists and Pittsburgh Geriatric Doctors.