A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Stewart:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Stewart, Gastroenterology is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Stewart
Ulcerative Colitis Patient Education Read all about IBD symptoms and treatments in our ulcer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Stewart Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Irritable Bowel Syndrome IBS
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 40 areas:
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Barrett Esophagus
- Biliary Tract Diseases
- Celiac Disease
- Colon Cancer
- Colon Diseases (Sigmoid Diseases)
- Colon Diverticulum
- Colonic Diverticulitis
- Crohn's Disease
- Digestive System Endoscopy (EGD)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Esophageal Achalasia
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Stewart graduated from University of Utah, Salt Lake City.
Dr. Stewart has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Alta View Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Muir Stewart MD is a male Internist, has 4 years of experience and practices in Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. James M. Stewart practice?
- Dr. James Stewart has 2 office locations.
Dr. James Stewart practices Gastroenterology near Sandy, UT.
Additional practice locations include: Lehi, UT.
See Sandy Gastroenterologists.